Author Topic: IMPORTANT INFORMATION About Picture Hosting Sites  (Read 6880 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
IMPORTANT INFORMATION About Picture Hosting Sites
« on: March 16, 2011, 00:47:12 »
Some of you may already be aware of an issue that has come up in regards to posting pictures of our playmobil on this site. There seem to be two major hosting sites that most people use when posting pics here, Photo Bucket, and Image Shack.

The problem that is occurring is that for some unknown reason, our members in South America, or at least some of them, are no longer able to see pictures hosted by Image Shack. This is extremely frustrating to these members, as seeing each other's pictures is one of the major benefits of this site. We would like to ask everyone who is using Image Shack to please try to switch to another hosting site. This way, our friends will not be left out of these discussions.

I understand that some people are having some issues with photo bucket. If it has been a while since you tried using photo bucket, I suggest that you try again, using their new bulk uploader tool. It is much easier to use than trying to locate pictures off your computer one at a time.

If you have tried recently and are still having problems with photo bucket, please explain the problems you are having, and maybe someone here can help you work out what is wrong. Also, if anyone knows of another free, trustworthy hosting site besides these two, tell us about them, so we can try them as well. Thank you everyone for your cooperation.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
Re: IMPORTANT INFORMATION About Picture Hosting Sites
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 17:09:39 »
never heard of bulk uploader, thanks for the heads up

will have to try it, i use imageshack myself (photo bucket will only let me upload .JPG images, which in comparison to the original .bmp picture looks pixelated and that sucks :-\)

are there many folks not being able to see imageshack pictures?
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 17:21:00 »
hi luis! as far as i know is a southamerican problem. so Luciano and myself can't see imageshack for sure. there are another member in chile, and of course all the guests from around here.  :'(

all the pics I post are from photobucket, see if yuo see them pixelated.

thanks for contributing   ;D
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 19:26:30 »
If the pictures are small enough you can add them as attachments here. There are also personal galleries for members here that you can use and then post links to them.
I use Flickr a lot for my own photography, but put my Playmo pictures on my own site and link to them. Flickr seems to be harder than some to link to from what I've heard.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 19:39:14 »
have any members who are in the south asked image shack why their site is not working for them. I have a lot of old posts that use imageshack and it would be very time consuming to update them
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 20:37:33 »
hi luis! as far as i know is a southamerican problem. so Luciano and myself can't see imageshack for sure. there are another member in chile, and of course all the guests from around here.  :'(

all the pics I post are from photobucket, see if yuo see them pixelated.

thanks for contributing   ;D

ahhh ok, ok :)

as for images looking 'pixelated' -they're not significantly pixelated...it's just me, a hopeless perfectionist ;)
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 22:27:53 »
have any members who are in the south asked image shack why their site is not working for them. I have a lot of old posts that use imageshack and it would be very time consuming to update them

Me too! :-\
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 23:22:29 »
I don't think anyone is asking that you go back and update every picture you have ever posted. I was thinking more along the lines of from here on out, and possibly updating a few very recent threads.

I was also wondering the same as Ras. Luciano and Gaston, has either of you ever had an account with image shack yourself? if you have an account, it would probably be easier to contact them to find out why the site doesn't work for you. If you don't maybe you should try signing up since it is free. Is it possible that for some reason in your region you must be logged in to see the pictures?
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 23:23:15 »
Gaston, do you see these two images?

I tried signing up for IS and I was able to upload and even see the image afterwards ???.
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 23:28:06 »
And now I can even see the pics here!
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=7402.0

Looks like IS lifted the ban on my IP :hmm:!
If it was for good behavior or not (I've been acting VERY nicely lately!), it seems that the issue is over. What about you Gaston?
Cheers!
Luciano