Author Topic: Where is everybody?  (Read 15183 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Where is everybody?
« on: April 18, 2009, 17:08:25 »
Hey Everyone,
Where are you? I have noticed a severe decrease of topic postings on this forum! Although I have seen some members involved on other forums, why isn't anyone talking to one another here? What's wrong? Just curious!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
Re: Where is everybody?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 20:13:31 »
I think there's nothing necessarily wrong, Bill.

Some people are waiting for new releases, others are working in something else ... It's a hobby, after all, to most of us.

However I've spent a little of my time at other places, I always pass by Playmofriends, and keep eye in here. As well as I'm preparing to shoot a sequence of my pirates' story ... But things happen when things happen, eh? ;D

Anyway, what's new, in the playmo' world?

I'm sorry, you guys ... Actually, I have at least one new topic to publish, but I've been a little slow with it. (As well as with two other threads of storytelling, reasons already explained, somewhere else ...)

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 20:31:26 »
What's wrong?

However, once you mentioned it ... I always thought that there's little profitable interaction in Playmofriends. I found in it a wonderful place for publishing my photostories, and I keep doing it, from time to time. Perhaps, if the public manifested anything, not only to flatter, but to criticize as well ... I was talking with a friend, at work, another day, and he asked "and do they say interesting things about what you write?" and I told him that I never had any actually INTERESTING commentary. Always flattering, "I like it". I keep doing out of liking it (it's my main hobby, after all ...), but it would be a 1000 times more interesting, if people made intelligent commentaries and gave ideas. I have my own, but, why not more interation? Writing together? People saying kinds of stories they'd like to see and hear ... Maybe I wouldn't do them, but someone else might.

I don't know.

As well, there's this world crisis, people might be buying less playmo, so, there's less things they want to talk about. But I don't think it is so.
Gus

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 17:41:56 »
I visit here at least a couple times a week, but I haven't been posting as much because others aren't posting as much either and so I assume it's a chain reaction.  That said, I think the reason this forum hasn't been extremely active lately is that we're all waiting for new releases to talk about.

Regarding photostories and commentary, I tend to look at photostories that are of interest to me (i.e. historical themed ones) and I will comment, both with positives and constructive criticism.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 05:35:37 »
Hello Bill,

I have been experiencing machine difficulties lately, both my main and backup laptops are experiencing difficulties and I just located my old 'let's hook it up and see what happens' laptop that I have not used in ages and by golly here I am (for what that is worth  ;D ).

The only Playmo relaated action I have seen is the dearth of product at any of my local Target stores although everyone I have talked to says no one is stocking any more product than they need to.

Gepetto

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 01:01:10 »
it's this cold spring bill.  :-[
... but it will be made a glorious summer soon, no doubt.  :yup:
... all we need is a "son of york" that decides to replace the entire playmobil design department and everything will be great again.  >:D
i guess the same is happening on other forums (klickywelt seems to be "iced" also).  :hmm:
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 01:08:39 »
I always thought that there's little profitable interaction in Playmofriends. I(...) I never had any actually INTERESTING commentary.

gustavo, you have an average of 1.86 messages per day.  8}
sometimes it is a bit difficult to keep up with such an enormous enthusiasm...
  ;)
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 03:39:43 »
For myself the reason being absent the last days was the wonderful warm and sunny weather the last days (still ongoing :D) and the fact that easter holidays made me stay in the garden and being busy on the first gardening activities this year ...

Offline macgayver

• MrPainterElf
  • Playmo Addict
  • www.macgayverplaymobil.be
    • Macgayverplaymobil
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 07:22:42 »
we have been very busy with Wolfsburg

Pictures will follow as soon we have recovered a bit

And as Little Jo we have been trying to catch some sun when we could

One picture say's more then a thousand words ;)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 08:48:18 »
I've been busy doing work about the house and garden and also winding down the work I do for my former employer (retiring completely), plus I've had some health issues to follow up.  However, I've not been idle and have got a number of reviews and customs and another Maisie and Fred contribution (from November last year!) to post when I can make a minute.  The sun is just coming out here and so, after 10:00 coffee, the garden calls again, so it may not be today.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”