Author Topic: "rare" 3550 Pirate Ship with MERMAID stickers??  (Read 10834 times)

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
"rare" 3550 Pirate Ship with MERMAID stickers??
« on: May 20, 2012, 23:49:00 »
I just came accross an ebay auction listing a "rare" 3550 hull piece featuring a coat of arms that has a merman and mermaid logo on top of an orange background.  I've never seen this sticker on a PM ship before.... is this custom? Or a truly rare release?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Playmobil-Vintage-Pirate-Ship-Tan-Wood-Hull-Poop-Deck-Wheel-Mermaids-3550-RARE-/180883392978?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1d7d89d2
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: "rare" 3550 Pirate Ship with MERMAID stickers??
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 00:56:19 »
I don't know much about the older pirate sets, but that is a cool design. It does seem like it is original to me, though the sticker just looks a bit un-Playmobil. :-\

See here:
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/album/displayimage.php?album=19&pos=30
~Pynedor~

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 02:42:30 »
I just came accross an ebay auction listing a "rare" 3550 hull piece featuring a coat of arms that has a merman and mermaid logo on top of an orange background.  I've never seen this sticker on a PM ship before.... is this custom? Or a truly rare release?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Playmobil-Vintage-Pirate-Ship-Tan-Wood-Hull-Poop-Deck-Wheel-Mermaids-3550-RARE-/180883392978?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1d7d89d2

come on guys it's the original 3550's stickerThe first pirate ship came together with two sticker sets on each box, the one with the mermaids and the other with the lion (i guess for variety, so you could buy two identical ships and make them look different with the stickers and the flags  ;) )

The spirits rule !!!!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 02:47:13 »
That's an interesting sticker design for a kids' toy. :eh?:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 02:59:19 »
That's an interesting sticker design for a kids' toy. :eh?:

awwwww I was impressed when i first saw it as a kid, my friend had it, i had the 3750, he didn't want to exchange  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 03:27:29 »

awwwww I was impressed when i first saw it as a kid, my friend had it, i had the 3750, he didn't want to exchange  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol.... PM's attention to detail, especially for a kid's toy, is no doubt unprecedented!  Even Starbucks has had to ammend their logo for being criticized for being overly "detailed" as well.
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 06:23:59 »
Yes mine has the Mermaids ;D

The first sticker set was to make the ship into a pirate ship, with the Jolly Roger etc, and then the other sticker set was to make it into a British ship as It had a Union Jack instead of the Jolly Roger (amongst others)

Damo :)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 08:56:07 »
It's the one my brother had as well, although I didnt know it came with multible stickers, I gues my brother prefered this one then.  :lol:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 15:48:14 »
It's the one my brother had as well, although I didnt know it came with multible stickers, I gues my brother prefered this one then.  :lol:

looks like your brother and his crew were a bit distracted and were unable to properly rig the boat  :lol:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 19:37:31 »
Cool like that photo of your brothers childhood ship and crew Rhalius what a lovely bunch of figures  :)