Author Topic: Playmobil castle 3666  (Read 20908 times)

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
Playmobil castle 3666
« on: November 15, 2011, 02:16:27 »
My castle has arrived! It was indeed New In Box and I cant describe the feeling of seeing all of those sealed bags! As George suggested, I will do a review. It will take me a while though (work, children etc must intrude  ;) ).

Here are some shots of the unveiling..

The set was very well packaged.

The front of the box. Some of the original tapes securing it closed were still in place. I am unsure it it had ever been opened to look at the contents. There was a tear to the front, but the box was otherwise in good shape.

First peek inside. As you can see, the contents were unsecured, with larger pieces just randomly placed inside, however some wall pieces were held in compartments at either side. The building pieces were secured by elastic bands and the small parts were all in their sealed bags (except for one trunk!).

The set contains two carboard "drawers" - each holds a number of pieces. This photo is of the top drawer (jumbled unfortunately, as I was excited).

This is the second drawer.

Both drawers side by side.

contents of drawer 1, photo 1

contents of drawer 1, photo 2.

bigger pic of contents of drawer 1.

photograph on the back of drawer 1

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 14:34:35 by Lindama »
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
Re: Playmobil castle 3666
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 02:23:27 »
Great start, Linda! Can't wait to see the rest of the review! :)
Looks like a great set!
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 04:26:12 »
 :omg: Magnificent set, Lindama! Now that they are no longer produced, it's like the end of a dynasty! Thank you for showing us this true gem!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 08:52:44 »
Thank you for these wonderful pics Linda!!! I never had the chance to own a new-just-out-of-the-box 3666  :love: Such a great set!!!! I love it!!

Offline kenc

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 09:49:40 »
The 3666 indeed is one of a kind. It further has 8 klickies! 8, huit, eight, acht!!! Today none of the current sets in any theme has 8 klickies (the hospital has 7, the school has 9 but most of them are children). I think the last set with 8 klickies was the viking longship

In my eyes this castle would have looked even better if it had the green bull's eye glass windows.

Ken

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 11:03:42 »
Excellent review of the best set thatn playmobil has EVR created . i had the joy to buy 3 or 4 i am not sure 3666s new and eveytime opening this huge box was a great joy , i still recall my first in 1994 ...

The current castle line and the previous system x ones pale in comparison to the greatness of this set , the plastic quality is superb, the detailing is amazing, customisation and different designs possible, the round tower and the lowering gate were massive improvements over the previous aged steck castle that lasted from 1977-1993  has to be noted !!!! and the 3666 didnt do very bad in terms of life in the shops, especially when compared to the horrid system x castles and the current one that look like chinese doll houses if you ask me  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

However as  a collector and steck enthusiast and havign a bit of steck quantity by now , i think the greatest achievement of the 3666 and the medieval sets of that time was that they linked and combined so well together , the heraldry made sense , the sets were associated very well with each other and the intro of magic and dragons into all this was a welcomed move by all . Never again has playmobil done so well in medieval sets . the silly ugly castles of today, the strange xmen like weapons and lights, the actual armour and siege machines are sooo unrealistic and out of proportion they might be selling but they are ugly and contemporary .

The 3666 is eternal !!!! :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 14:00:54 »
Congratulations with your 3666!  :)9

the best set thatn playmobil has EVR created .

:hmm: :hmm: The 3940-ship is the best set ever!!  :P  ;)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 14:07:10 »
:hmm: :hmm: The 3940-ship is the best set ever!!  :P  ;)

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Second best  :hmm: :hmm:

;D ;D ;D ;D
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 14:10:04 »
George - your enthusiasm is contagious! Steck just feels so strong and well made...love the stuff :)
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 15:41:06 »
:hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
Second best  :hmm: :hmm:

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

:loco:

We'll never agree on this one!  ;)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!