Author Topic: Bag of Stuff  (Read 1115 times)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Bag of Stuff
« on: July 31, 2017, 16:40:04 »
I obtained a few bags of assorted Playmobil from the used toy store in Parkersburg, WV, for my birthday. Included in this lot were the Lion Train Master & the Musical Clowns which I've already posted pictures of. This is the rest of what I picked up that day. Any comments? The only things I'm curious about are the klicky in green with the "S" & the little yellow thingie. What IS that?

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Bag of Stuff
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 16:45:34 »
He is from the Supermarket (3200) and the yellow thing is a bunch of tennis balls (from e.g. 4509)!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 16:54:37 »
He is from the Supermarket (3200) and the yellow thing is a bunch of tennis balls (from e.g. 4509)!

Thanks! "S" for "supermarket" - how LOL. I don't think I would've guessed Tennis Balls. Perhaps I can use them in a dio of Henry V?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 21:17:09 by JLMatterer »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 19:02:59 »
Most of your accessories are from the shopping mall http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=5485
The figures are from elsewhere.

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 19:34:13 »
Most of your accessories are from the shopping mall http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=5485
The figures are from elsewhere.

Yes, the store also had the mall itself held for me, but I opted not to get it due to not collecting that theme. I must ask - should I have gotten it? I'm not sure it if was complete, but it filled a small box.

The store is still holding 20-some klickies for me, & I'm getting them via PayPal & mail after tomorrow. I'm curious to see what's in this batch.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 20:55:51 »
All depends what theme you want. As a System X building set for retail or related in modern City Life theme it's a great building. That's not really your era though, so I think you are fine with skipping it.

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 21:15:28 »
All depends what theme you want. As a System X building set for retail or related in modern City Life theme it's a great building. That's not really your era though, so I think you are fine with skipping it.

That was my initial thought. As it was, I spent $50 on what I got this time, & expect to spend $60 on a batch of klickies he's mailing me this week. TX very much for the advice.  :wave: