Author Topic: Novelties 2019!  (Read 25147 times)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
Re: Novelties 2019!
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2018, 05:10:05 »
The alien bug violinist is interesting and the barbarian warrior looks to have some good parts but the girl series looks more interesting overall. Gnome looks too similar to the last one. Series 16 much more interesting, particularly like the steampunk looking lady.

Like the pink girl in Spirit on the bicycle and the boy in brown.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2018, 05:11:25 »

I would pay money to be able to sit in on the planning sessions for the Fi?ures serieses. I can't imagine how they came up with some of those characters. Totally off the wall. I can't help seeing a lot of wasted potential designers.

;D

I blame drugs too.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2018, 05:31:45 »
 :lmao:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2018, 08:47:29 »
Our friends of Amclicks have revealed the pictures as well (for those who doesn't have a Klickywelt-account):

http://amclicks.org/foro/novedades-playmobil/novedades-alemania-enero-julio-2019/30/

Note that these are pictures taken with a phone/camera, no official pictures yet!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2018, 00:26:55 »
I think the alien with the violin is a reference the the fable about the Ant and the Grasshopper. A grasshopper playing the violin.
Lots of crazy stuff in the figures series and not really much I like, not as creative as past themes? But then I always end up liking them better in person.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2018, 00:45:52 »
I think the alien with the violin is a reference the the fable about the Ant and the Grasshopper. A grasshopper playing the violin.

No question. Image search "grasshopper violin" or "cricket violin" and you get lots of different versions. And here's a classic animated American version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWAIOuWoa6g  :)
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2018, 02:24:12 »
My good friend Tahra sent me the pictures and my wallet and bank account started crying!  I absolutely love that little Donkey from Spirit!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2018, 02:31:53 »
Thanks for the links to the sites with the pictures!

I agree, Surprise Series 15 aren´t as interesting as a lot of the previous series were.
Boys;
I like the Sleepwalker.
Nice to see the latest model Cowboy-hat appear in a white(?) colour with the black Afro-American Cowboy. (That hat will also come in a dark green with the re-edition in December of the take-along westernhouse.)
Girls;
I like the Dutch Girl.
The Hawaii Girl is back but in another version. Too bad her skincolour is not "native" like the previous one, because of that they won´t go together in a set-up...

With the Easter Eggs, I really like the Spanish(?) Conquistador!  8-)
It looks like his sword and sword-belt have printing on them too?!

Surprise Figures Series 16 are again way better (then 15)  :)
I like the Old Bavarian Guy.
The King´s Musketeer is awesome!  :rock: That one I will need in multiples!
(I customised some klickies for my Louis XIV Guard looking similar to this new musketeer, I yet have to show them publicly which now becomes rather urgent.)
And looking at the hat´s shape & colour, I think this musketeer may provide a new or alternative hat for my avatar, that will be a first  in about 15 years  :lol:

Looking at figures series 15 & 16, I see a lot of reuse of parts from the pirates theme klickies. I think that means that theme will then get updated ... or discontinued ( :omg: )
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 02:37:26 by Hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2018, 10:08:28 »
(I customised some klickies for my Louis XIV Guard looking similar to this new musketeer, I yet have to show them publicly which now becomes rather urgent.)

Looking forward to see your creations, Hadoque!

Looking at figures series 15 & 16, I see a lot of reuse of parts from the pirates theme klickies. I think that means that theme will then get updated ... or discontinued ( :omg: )

Well... The pirate theme isn't discontinued for sure, the page with the update of the theme has been revealed... The new pirate ship is a joke... :hmm: But! The spitted pig is back :o (http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-06-3430)!!! I must have that!

Apart from that, I like the new Special Plus witch, she looks a lot like the Easter Egg fortune teller, but this time the woman can sit! The new Indian Chief is okay, no new parts (I believe), but I have to buy him - of course - . The fisherman is also nice to use in a future forest theme!

I can be wrong, but is it the first time an unshaved Asian klicky will appear? You can see him next to the ambulance of the new rescue theme. If he's not the first one, can someone give me a set or part number? I would really like to have that head!

I really like the idea of the "Starter packs", the canoe training looks really nice!

According to the original list, it seems we are still missing pictures of:
New Police Galactic Series
New Playmofriends
New references How to train your dragon (the separate set pictures)
New references Sports and Action
New references Aquatic Park
New references farm  (the separate set pictures) => I want to see that "Mobile chicken coop"!!!
New references 1.2.3
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2018, 16:25:42 »
My good friend Tahra sent me the pictures and my wallet and bank account started crying!  I absolutely love that little Donkey from Spirit!

Agh, I suppose your wallet cursed me...  At least mine does that all the time (it has a lonnnnnnnnnnnng list, as you can all imagine)

I thought of Pinoccio  - isn't he supposed to have a talking cricket?

The pirates.. is that the ship sampler? All repeat klickys? How lame.

Still looking forward to bigger pics.. And the missing ones (though my wallet is REALLY not interested)