Author Topic: New HTTYD sets..  (Read 2994 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
New HTTYD sets..
« on: November 19, 2018, 14:04:50 »
There are several pics about THAT site..

And.. besides some of the klickys that have been appearing.. (Astrid's legs are different, unfortunately) this time, from what I understood, someone bought TWO sets on a fleamarket in Bavaria last weekend!  :o

Besides the sets, there are poor pics of the small cat..  I suppose they must have figured a way to make Toothless different? (and I fear they didn't fix the sculpt, since the shooting sillyness continues :hissyfit: )

I do hope playmobil doesn't get in trouble with Dreamworks. I think.

Klickywelt topic: link (think you need to login)
From THAT site: link (have no idea if you need to login/belong to the group/whatever)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: New HTTYD sets..
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 23:46:31 »
Interesting there are baby ones

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 08:43:42 »
As usual, amclicks has pics...

link from amclicks forum

The women in "flight suits" are actually men..

The kids .. :love:  The girl's hair is... ADORABLE. WANT.   And their colors... Gods.  :love:

Both night furies have ruined sculpts, imo :'(  Can't believe it.  I was hoping the white one would be good (AND not shooting), but no such luck. AND Toothless is different, meaning we need him too  :-[  (even with the ruined sculpt  ::) )

That is a gorgeous new crossbow too...

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 20:54:58 »
Nice sets and klickies! But huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge spoilers for the upcoming movie!!!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 23:53:44 »
Nice sets and klickies! But huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge spoilers for the upcoming movie!!!

Yes... :( I am a bit disappointed at all of the spoilers since I've really been looking forward to seeing the movie, but I suppose it was unavoidable. I had already seen one of the spoilers when a picture of one of the sets was posted on a different website a few days ago. I think that these Playmobil sets are actually the main source of spoilers right now.

The sets do look really great though! There are some awesome parts in the sets! The new weapons and dragonhide armour look great. :)
~Pynedor~

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 14:13:41 »
Did anyone notice the back of the box for the new Toothless?

He has both "fins"! And the extra "fake" red one! :o

I was planning to paint the red one to make another night fury (I don't want TWO Toothlesses. Uhm).. but..

Offline mi-chi

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 14:58:22 »
I did see the extra fin but what is printed on it? To me it looks like a Playmo-smile which is possibly incorrect. ???
Cheers
Michael

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 15:33:43 »
I did see the extra fin but what is printed on it? To me it looks like a Playmo-smile which is possibly incorrect. ???

The "extra" fin is the one that he has - Toothless is crippled, and Hiccup made that red fin for him.... (the thing is upside down..  Hiccup has a shoulder thing with the same design in the previous batch too..  It's meant to be a symbol of the.. dragon riders, maybe? Not sure  :-[    )

Now about that fin... did he regrow one?!

Offline mi-chi

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2019, 16:34:35 »
My fault - I am totally innocent with regard to that franchising. I just realized Hiccup has some kind of foot prosthetics. And there is also a small straw blond guy with some arm prosthetics as well. Odd ???
Cheers
Michael

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 15:05:58 »
The plans for the HTTYD sets are out, although not linked to on the official page, so I thought I'd let you all know I've provided the links on PlaymoDB. 70045 is not on the official site - we have to wait till March 1 I expect.

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/your_set_list.pl?setlist=70037,70038,70039,70040,70041,70042,70043,70044;title=HTTYD%20Sets%20Released%20In%202019/02

A lot of the new parts are listed on the spare-parts pages, so I have them in inventories already - the rest I have to do by hand. Do any parts of those amazingly bizarre weapons and armour have proper names in English? and, what are the names of those lovely children in 70038 - Light Fury with Baby Dragon and Children?

PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!