Author Topic: Disassembling busts  (Read 2271 times)

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
Disassembling busts
« on: September 19, 2019, 12:11:56 »
I hope I'm writing in the right subforum.

A question to the veteran customizers: does anyone know whether the Egyptian bust can be disassembled?

If so, can the head be fitted on a klicky – is it a regular head?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Disassembling busts
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 12:13:20 »
It's a regular head, yes...

I believe brute force was used, and most got the base damaged, but.. it's been a while.. I do have some more to pop too, so, I hope someone has an easy method ;)

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 12:40:09 »
That's great news!

That bust seems to be the least expensive source of golden heads available, though it's not cheap per se.

As for the disassembly process, I was thinking of going the standard way with pincers. With normal klickies it works wonders, I'll see if that's the case for busts too as soon as I acquire some.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 14:09:47 »
As for the disassembly process, I was thinking of going the standard way with pincers. With normal klickies it works wonders, I'll see if that's the case for busts too as soon as I acquire some.

I believe my problem with that is that there is nothing to hold on to - no body.... :(

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 21:01:12 »
Rubber-band method.
Just take a thick, elastic rubber band and wrap it as many times as you can very tightly around the neck, and turn the head towards the back of the "torso" and don´t be afraid to cross it´s intended maximum sustained turn-radius (this starts sounding like aircraft-manoeuvring talk  ;D).  If the head then does not pop out from itself, then carefully but with enough force turn the head around 360 ° one or more times, then the head should finally come out without leaving any (or just very minor) damage.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 17:14:37 »
I must say that method which Hadoque described is the one I find nearly always works for removing heads, however well fixed they are!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 15:37:45 »
Rubber-band method.

I couldn't.. :( 

I'm not usually handy with that anyways... and I can't get a grip on the bust to pop them as usual :(