Author Topic: Basic Scenery  (Read 2907 times)

Offline Wigglesworth

• Playmo Pal
  • Playmobil newby
Re: Basic Scenery
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2021, 15:55:25 »
Well I think they work pretty well, excuse the hastily cobbled together (ha!) medieval/roman/dragons scene.  I gave the girls the 3030 castle as I couldn't resist.  They are loving it!

But my first pass at flooring looks ok I think:

Regards,
Wigglesworth

Offline Wigglesworth

• Playmo Pal
  • Playmobil newby
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2021, 16:04:05 »
Why must they be glued together? I think a few separate "water pieces" would be a lot more versatile  - the could form a river, the edge of the sea, a lake.... They could be grouped together as needed ;)

You are right.  Anyway the girls are more than proficient with sellotape.

They think the floor is great.  I have already been asked for grass!
Regards,
Wigglesworth

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2021, 16:58:09 »
I think the laminate pieces look great, and I think flexibility is great for kids. I always try and keep an eye out for pads of craft/card making papers, that are about the right scale for Playmobil wallpaper and such, and are usually pretty cheap.

I had a big painted table as a kid - me and my dad had a fun day where he marked it out and we painted it together. When I decided I wanted water I would steal a towel and put my boats on that  :lol:

Offline Wigglesworth

• Playmo Pal
  • Playmobil newby
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2021, 21:27:07 »
I had a big painted table as a kid - me and my dad had a fun day where he marked it out and we painted it together.

That right there is what I should be after.  Treasured memories  :)

They already have a few sets so we could just work on the board and make the laminates together on a weekend.  Will try and post a few more pics if we make further progress.
Regards,
Wigglesworth