Author Topic: 9420 Sunny Villa  (Read 4970 times)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
Re: 9420 Sunny Villa
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 19:50:53 »
Of course.. being forced to spend time with the kids.. THE HORROR.

And these days of disposable everything, they probably don't care the hunk of pastic sometimes can't really be disassembled easily for storage, right?

>:(

I feel like even the most patient of parents would hardly count painstakingly putting connectors into holes while a 7 year old demands to know when it'll be ready to be quality family time. I recently assembled 5586/Guest Suite - which is a very small set, and I know more or less what I'm doing, and even I found it a tedious process. Compare it to a Steck set, which you can leave a child to assemble more or less alone.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2018, 20:01:31 »
I feel like even the most patient of parents would hardly count painstakingly putting connectors into holes while a 7 year old demands to know when it'll be ready to be quality family time. I recently assembled 5586/Guest Suite - which is a very small set, and I know more or less what I'm doing, and even I found it a tedious process. Compare it to a Steck set, which you can leave a child to assemble more or less alone.

True - I remember the trauma of the space station. 300 of those. OH JOY.

Still, it is a lot better than these lame recent ones, imo. Not only they are useless for anything else, they are usually less than half a building :(

We can agree that Steck RULES!  ;D

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2018, 18:47:48 »
Oh goodie! I saw this in a toy store last weekend (yes, I have been Playmo-absent for far too long) and I thought it looked cute, but I didn't yet realise its Roman potential. Awesome!

Thanks for the review.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2018, 05:17:26 »
Thanks for this great review  :wave:

There is a mediterranean feel to this house which makes me dream of sunny holidays  8-)
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2018, 14:07:34 »
Great review and pics, thanks so much for sharing all this  :wave:

But not such a great set if you ask me  :hmm:

There is an emphasis on a 2 - Dimensional design - no roof , no depth just a wall really with some extended floors behind , nothing on top or side. House features  and a 3 dimensional design , predominant in older playmobil house sets is gone.... . The original western houses for example used to have a complete roof and  walls all round , with the rear ones opening , total enclosure and a great design for a diorama !! these new sets luck so much in their design and lose totally any realistic element . Like the fake western houses in movie studios , just a front and nothing really behind .... :eh?:

:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: