Author Topic: 70621 Aesop's Fables  (Read 1931 times)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
70621 Aesop's Fables
« on: October 24, 2020, 20:09:02 »
i'll cut to the chase - there is NO parts list in this set!  :(  I even turned the box upside down and shook it very hard, but no dice (or parts list). This is what you get:

The big document there is a storybook, with some of the fables depicted so that children can learn them and play along. Here are some photos of every page in this booklet, so you can see there is no part or assembly information in it: https://imgur.com/a/LBkRn05  I think the pictures are fun. I assume the stories are accurate, but I can't tell, because it is all Greek to me - LITERALLY  <:>

The small document is just a catalog, nothing special in it, not even any Greek sets listed.

Parts all laid out:

And the backs of the klickies:

Aesop/The Miller has a necklace with a little tooth or stone:

So there you have it!  :banana:

"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: 70621 Aesop's Fables
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 08:02:57 »
Thanks for that review, Macruran!

I like the donkey's carrier. I thought it was a new part but its been around since 2012, along with the rubbery cross-shaped straps, in 6320 and 5246. 30245482 Heather!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 19:43:43 »
It's a very nice set, thank you for the review! I particularly enjoy the booklet and the whole play idea behind it.

The close-up of Aesop and his necklace is very welcome. It put the idea in my head to bed that he had been lazily put together out of shepherd "legs" and lion tamer bodies. The body print is different.

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 10:08:00 »
Thanks a lot for sharing, Macruran! I particularly like the little detail on the Millers necklace.  Can't wait to get mine  ;)
 :wave:
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 00:03:11 »
The carrier thing actually needed some instruction, as you can see the straps are not symmetrical so there is a "right" way to put them on that is not immediately obvious, so I had to study the pictures carefully to get it right.  >:( Pretty neat item though, I'm going to try putting other stuff in the carrier.

The storybook is a neat idea. Kids can use the klickies as miller and son or pretend that it's Aesop telling stories to a small child. :!: Idea:  I wonder how many fables can be reenacted just with the materials in this set? Maybe I'll try and figure that out one day.

The necklace is a bit mysterious actually - what is it meant to be? Will we ever know?  ???
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2020, 04:58:54 »
The body print is different.

I can´t see any difference regarding the torso, to me the print is exactly the same...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2020, 18:07:35 »
Thank you! Very cute set, and the clickies look very diorama friendly  8-)

When I saw the first photo I thought Aesop was wearing a face mask  8}