Author Topic: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St  (Read 199581 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St
« Reply #1470 on: April 13, 2018, 00:10:19 »
Little Exercice of Playmocompatibility

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1471 on: April 13, 2018, 00:12:14 »

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1472 on: April 13, 2018, 00:13:52 »

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1473 on: April 13, 2018, 01:28:54 »

Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

Thank you for following this little exercise of Playmocompatibility.

As you could see in the previous pictures, our Klickies are of a size comparable to that of the Sylvanian children, but on looking closely, we realize that apart from a few exceptions such as street lamp, chairs, tables and to some extent the Tram , the Playmocompatibility does exist with the Sylvanian New Town collection.

I would even say that our Klickies bring an added touch of realism due to their size and style which the Sylvanian figures -even dressed in victorian style-do not. In fact, it will be much easier for me to create a Victorian realistic Diorama with Klickies rather than Sylvanian figures.

As mentioned previously, the Sylvanian New Town range is very nicely finished with a wealth of architectural details that evoke the victorian era has perfection, but the buildings are lacking in depth for a miniaturist like myself who wishes to create a realistic Victorian kitchen and other indoor scenes in the diorama to come.

This new collection is rather expensive to purchase with a £49.90 restaurant and a £79.90 department store empty or £114.90 with furniture and accessories . A little disappointed though that the Ice Cream / Chocolate, Restaurant or even the Milliner are not sold with a figure which must be bought separately.

The restaurant also lacks a bit of accessories and furniture for its price.

I am however truly delighted with the finishing touches and the potential of the Tramway that I can visualiise in a great variety of scenes and dioramas, even in a military scene.

Accessories such as crockery, glasses, cutlery, and the cooking piano, Ice Cream and Chocolate display counters, are perfectly Playmocompatible.

In addition, the buildings can be put on top of each other with the Ice Cream / Chocolate shop being put on top of the restaurant, but I would love to know when the spare parts will be available to purchase to finish some buildings-for example , 2 small balustrades for the restaurant's dimensions instead of 4-and extra sidewalks-which will allow me to bring depth to my scenes.

As far as the diorama is concerned, I know that Mrs Applepie and her happy team of cooks will run the Restaurant and that I also visualise a gentle vilain who will do is very worst to bring a few clouds in the otherwise pure blue sky in that perfect little world.

The department store to come will bring a real potential in terms creating indoor spaces according to my inspiration.

To summarise, the Sylvanian New Town collection is going to take a whole new dimension populated by Klickies together with a miniature decor of plants and accessories which will bring their realistic little touches in keeping with the era.

Thank you for following this project  :)

Karim

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #1474 on: April 13, 2018, 07:45:21 »
Thank you :)

The food is perfect, and the buildings work well, imo. I don't really have a  problem with the street lamp...

I find the table and chairs somewhat off too.

The tram doesn't seem bad.. but.. can you show the klickys IN the tram, and driving it?  :-[
I suppose the seats inside are probably a bit on the "deep" side - which is amazing! - but still..

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1475 on: June 14, 2018, 09:24:26 »
Thank you so much dear TAHRA  :wave:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1476 on: June 14, 2018, 09:59:13 »

I hope that you are all as we are heading into summer soon, despite a rather temperamental weather.

I came back from my French holidays on Saturday night dragging along with me 2 supersized suitcases and 2 large shopping bags filled with the little world of Regent St and those of you who have followed my creations since 2009, the "Summer Garden Party on Regent St" project in 2011 and "Return to Regent St" project in 2014, know just how HAPPY I am to finally be able to reopen the magical door towards the world of my little Victorians and their adventures in 1900's England. As beyond my creations which present the beautiful Playmobil Victorian Theme updated with carefully chosen 1/12th scale miniature accessories, my collection includes custom figures and vehicles specially created by my Friends from the Playmo forums worldwide ( Univers Playmo, Playmodelisme,Uchronys,- France -, Playmofriends - England, Playclicks, Aesclick - Spain / Amerique du Sud, Klickywelt, Tricornejock - Germany ). Figures inspired by the iconic characters of the Victorian era and vehicles which symbolise London in the 1900's

Needless to say that from the regional train I took from home to the high speed train which took me to Paris, then a taxi ride to another parisian station, then embarking abord the Eurostar to London, a taxi to another London station, a regional train to Marlow...my little Victorians are well travelled by now. I could not but smile at the idea of the custom officers looking at the x ray pictures of my luggage filled with miniature accessories from the tiniest strawberry tart to a jungle of miniature plants and flowers  :lol:

It is now with an immense joy that I announce the opening of the third chapter of the adventures of my little victorians who have crossed the English Channel with all their accessories minus the grand Regent St Mansion which remained in France and will be replaced with a leafy London neighbourhood inspired by the Sylvanian Families New Town Series for a brand new dioarama called "New Regent St". As per the past, I will share with you my progress in the completion of this diorama through detailed photographic tutorials. "New Regent St" will tell the story of busy London neighborhood set in the 1900's with its little shops and a restaurant which will be run by Mrs Applepie and her joyous Team of cooks who will delight you their yummy culinary creations created by myself.

The outdoor scenes of the diorama will be largely inspired by Springtime which the season of renewal well matched to the pastel colours of the Sylvanian buildings - season evocative of open carriage rides, elegant Ladies with umbrellas, open air festivities and happy picnics - but I also wish to present later on an autumnal version of this dioarama - set around the theme of the apple and grape harvest and Halloween - as well as a winter Christmas inspired scenery with festive decorations in a snowed in street.

I have purchased yesterday the Sylvanian Families Grand Department Store which I will present in detail in this thread soon along with my little Victorians who will come back to life under the sun of Marlow - when it shines that is  :P

I would like to thank those of you who have followed my creations since the beginning with a special mention to all the Friends who created these wonderful customs for my project and also wish a warm welcome to those of you who will very soon be introduced to the world of my happy little Victorians  :wave:

Your Friend Karim :)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1477 on: June 17, 2018, 10:06:44 »
Making Of "New Regent St"

I hope that you are all well and enjoying the week-end.

"Patience is Mother of all Virtues" they say and that is often true in life when circumstances sometimes force us to make difficult choices such as the end of my contract in Luxemburg and the search for a new job that followed "invited" me to temporarily close the magical door to the enchanting world of Regent St. This grand Mansion which I had so patiently brought to life from scratch decorated both inside and out with the main road on Regent St, a botaniacl garden, the victorian kitchen and fruit and vegetable garden of Mrs Applepie all were meticulously put away on a Saturday afternoon in a custom made box specially created in Germany and shipped to my home in France, already 3 years ago....

I was at that time so absorbed in the project, my head filled with ideas to create a victorian yet poetic decor reminiscent of childhood which would be the perfect background to showcase the sublime custom figures created by my Friends from the online forums. Being a perfectionist by nature to say the very least, I was waiting for the decor to be completed before presenting each figure as part of a little story inspired by victorian times. I realise now the infinite patience of those of you who have contributed to mes previous projects and their legitimate expectation to see their figure brought to life in the world of Regent St. As in 2018 more than ever, I would like to thank from the bottom of my heart all my only Friends for their contribution to this project through their creativity, generosity and talent.

The flat in which I live in Marlow is not as spacious that the one I used to live in Luxemburg and could not accommodate a project such as "Return to Regent St" which measured 3 meters long by 1.5 meters wide, so this is a diorama of more modest dimensions that I will present which will be set around a 1900's leafy London neighborhood where the city meets the countryside. The buildings which will form the base of the decor will be from the Sylvanian Families New Town Series including a Grand Department Store, shops and a restaurant which will be run by Mrs Applepie since I cannot possibly imagine a diorama without a busy victorian kitchen where delicious little dishes will be prepared.

As you could see in my presentation of the Sylvanian buildings, the 1900's architectural style is beautifully presented with very realistics mouldings, pastel colours which should create an harmonious ensemble. From that base, my challenge will be to create a visual effect of two main streets, one with a tramway with in the foreground a little city garden filled with flowers and plants as I cannot imagine my scenes without a little touch of countryside - reminiscent of the scenes of the original Mary Poppins movies for those who remember the movie. I wish to add a realistic and natural touch to the Sylvanian buildings using the ivy, the vine and climbing roses. Other greenery such as trees, topiaries, plants and flowers will add a poetic little touch and materials such a bricks their realistic effect.

"New Regent St" is a blank page upon which I will soon write a new chapter of which I already know that Mrs Applepie will run a restaurant with a nice outdoor sitting area and a fruit and vegetable garden including, strawberries, tomatoes, cabbages and salads, a grapevine as well as beehive.

The Sylvanian Grand Department Store is waiting to be unpacked and will shortly be presented as well as an introduction of all the figures and vehicles which are part of the little world of Regent St which many of you will be happy to meet again, starting with the creators of these magnificent customs.

I will shortly take the measurement of the space in which I wish to create the diorama and will order the board and trestles upon which I will finally write the first page of this new chapter.

Wishing you all a nice week-end !

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1478 on: June 18, 2018, 08:43:52 »
The Grand Department Store ( £119.00 )

I hope that you are all well after a nice and relaxing week-end.

After a busy week back to work, I dedicated my Sunday to the unboxing and presentation of the Sylvanian Families New Town Series Grand Department Store. A Presentation of the accessories and figure included in the set in the first time followed by a little reminder of my Playmobil Victorian collection and its customs presented on the base of the diorama which I will hopefully purchase today and which will measure 1m25 x 1m50.

I can safely say that the Sylvanian Families New Town Series will not only be a hit with kids but will also become an instant collector item as per its style, originality and great attention to details, which are reminding me very much of the beautiful Playmobil Victorian theme, but with an added touch of Baroque / Rococo architectural style with a Grand Department Store very much in the same style as the iconic Negresco Hotel in Nice ( French Riviera )>

I invite you to discover the Grand Department Store which will be at the heart of my diorama and which interior layout is still uncertain apart from the fact that I will create a bank counter and possibly different shops that those included in the set. I will shortly contact EPOCK who produces the Sylvanian toys range about the availability of spare accessories.

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1479 on: June 18, 2018, 08:46:02 »

Karim