Author Topic: Hello from Playmovictorian !  (Read 2049 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Hello from Playmovictorian !
« on: May 26, 2017, 04:09:50 »
Hello dear Friends

After a 2 years absence, I come in to say "Hello from London" !

Those of you who know my creations know that I was working on the large project of "Return to Regent St" depicting the life of a big mansion in Victorian London which mixed my Victorian Playmobil collection, beautiful customs mixed with a Miniaturist spirit. A fairly monumental work considering the fact that I always accompany my creations with a photographic step by step tutorial, editing and then translation in 4 different languages.

I managed to recreate the exterior decors including Regent St, a vegetable garden as well as exotic gardens with lighting and finally the Victorian kitchen of my dreams until my professional contract in Luxembourg came to an invited me me to close the door of Regent St once again until Life offers me a new opportunity to reopen it. This sudden interruption was felt as a real shock given the considerable time I had devoted to this project, a true Labour of Love.

After a relatively difficult period of searching for a new job - I am 50 years old today 26 May, a real challenge in this world suffering from acute youth syndrome - I am back in England, a country that I have always loved for its originality which sometimes borders on eccentricity and, of course, the source of that Victorian age which has fascinated me and inspired me for so many years.

I live on the banks of the Thames in Marlow and am looking for a place to settle in England after a few months of adjustments and legitimate questioning, the new hotel for which I work seems to be a serious promise of a happy professional future.

As soon as I will be settled, I will resume my little Escapades around the United Kingdom that I will share with you and I very much hope to reopen the Magic Door during the next winter, starting with small projects before considering to repatriate the enormous box containing the small World of Regent St that extends over an area of ​​3 meters long and 1.5 meters wide.

Life is made of highs and lows, standstills and accelerations and I feel that my "little train" is on the move again and nothing could make me happier than to share with you my new adventures

I look forward to catching up with you soon and thank you for not having forgotten me !

Karim & his little Victorians

La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Hello from Playmovictorian !
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 06:00:45 »
Welcome back, Karim, and I hope that you are soon settled down in Engkand in your new job and new home and, of course, here in Playmofriends.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 06:53:15 »
Welcome back!!! And Happy Birthday!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 07:53:06 »
Welcome back!!! And Happy Birthday!

Oops, missed that!  Happy birthday!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 07:53:57 »
Welcome back :)

Good luck with getting settled and the new job.

And happy birthday!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 15:22:30 »
Welcome back to the land where eccentricity is an art-form! Looking forward to the time when the PM package joins you here and you can share it again with us all! And a birthday with a 0 at the end! Congratulations!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 20:07:52 »
Wonderful to see you back Karim!  I hope the settling in goes quickly and well for you!

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 08:28:38 »
Thank you so much dear Friends !

I wish you all a great week-end !

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2017, 10:01:36 »
Oh I'm so happy to know from you dear Karim!!  :love: :love: :love: :love:
The warmest welcome form Buenos Aires! We missed you dear friend!
 :love:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 03:59:23 »
Happy Birthday Karin.
It is lovely to see you back here with us; we have missed you.
I hope you soon settle into life here in the UK.
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).