Author Topic: Hello from The Netherlands  (Read 2680 times)

Offline Tacbe

• Playmo Enthusiast
Hello from The Netherlands
« on: October 09, 2016, 07:04:49 »
Hello!

I believe my story isn't mucht different from the thousend of stories of other Playmobil fans. Is it the child in me who discovered Plymobil again after so many years? Am I reliving my childhood through my children by buying Playmobil for them?  Haha who knows, who cares. When we gave our son his first playmobil set, I think he was as happy as I was when I got my first klicky. In those days all my friends got playmobil. One of them even got this huge pirateship. Something none of us (our parents) could afford. This friend stood at the top of the Playmobil foodchain.

Making up for all those years without Playmobil I collected great sets around future planet, top agents and the new space theme.
Back in the now I get my inspiratation from all this wonderfull dioramas. So now I'm collecting Steck parts making my first ghost house. Almost forgot I still have  to finish my UAV / Ground Control Centre  customizing project.

Hope to get huge inspiration from all you playmofriends here. Already saw some great stuff!

Greetings to you all.
Playmobil will not tire, it will not falter and it will not fail

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Hello from The Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 12:45:52 »
Welcome from Portugal! ;)

Looking forward to seeing pics of your dios!

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 15:34:04 »
Welcome. :) The ghost house sounds cool!
~Pynedor~

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 15:41:30 »
Hi there, a warm welcome from Antwerp  :wave:

I recognize the story about the pirate ship: my best friend had it (handed down to her from her cousin) and it was a marvel to me  ;D

I love your avatar picture! I hope you share pictures of your projects here. Looking forward to it :)

Did you keep anything from when you were a kid? What was your first set?

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 17:26:36 »
Welcome from Oregon!

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 17:46:16 »
Welcome from Tennessee!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 18:43:59 »
Hi Tacbe,

I'm too old to have had Playmobil in childhood.  I first met it when I was a teenager working in a toyshop - and it was far too expensive for my working-in-a-toyshop wages!  It was a very long time after that when I bought my first set.  And I still couldn't afford pirate ships...

Yes, it is wonderful to be able to make up for earlier years.  It's a happy thing. 

I'm intrigued by your ghost house - and I would also enjoy seeing some space, future planet, and top agents photos - themes that I've not really very familiar with at all.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Tacbe

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 20:14:02 »
I love your avatar picture! I hope you share pictures of your projects here. Looking forward to it :)

Did you keep anything from when you were a kid? What was your first set?

Thanks Birdie, the avatar is like the ghosthouse under construction. And yes, I will share pictures soon.

My first set was 3311 the white construction worker with the red helmet. Always brings back good memories.
Still got all my old playmobil remembering all items.
Playmobil will not tire, it will not falter and it will not fail

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 20:44:25 »
Welcome from the UK!

Like Raven, I never had PM as a child, but we made sure our children had plenty- including a pirate ship!

Looking forward to your pictures!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 15:25:56 »
Welcome to Playmofriends

Cheers,
James
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll