Author Topic: Ferris Wheel (pics and video)  (Read 1586 times)

Offline AgeOwns

• Playmo Fanatic
  • @MillionairePb
    • MillionairePlayboy.com
Ferris Wheel (pics and video)
« on: November 28, 2014, 15:31:54 »
Complete Ferris Wheel by AgeOwns.com, on Flickr

My wife and son got me the Ferris Wheel for my birthday (with optional motor). I took a ton of pics and a brief video so you can see the lights in action. It truly is beautiful. The only drawback is the noise of the motor, as demonstrated in the video.

Check it out!
Ferris Wheel with optional motor, review and video

And check out the long exposure I did.
Long exposure lights by AgeOwns.com, on Flickr

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
Re: Ferris Wheel (pics and video)
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 06:25:50 »
Thank you for the review. I really like your movie. The set is very nice. Too bad that little motor produces that much noice. Parents are not going to be happy about it!
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 17:44:55 »
The Ferris Wheel looks like a really great set nice and colurful and clearly plenty of play value for kids and adults, those light patterns are brilliant particuarly with the dark backdrop and that red light appearing to be eminating off of it beautiful  :o :)  a pity about the motor noise suppose it must be a lot louder in real life.

Like the little details like the height chart and ticket prices with the symbols. I really like the figures as well particuarly the attendant his outfit's not bad and that hair in the reddish brown looks great, also really like the little boy in the checked shirt  :love: as you say it is good that he is actually tall enought o ride the Ferris Wheel would be a bit of an embarassing oversight if the child Klickies weren't actually tall enough when placed against the height chart. Oh yes you've certainly got an interesting array of people lined up to go on the Ferris Wheel clearly it's popular  ;)       

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 18:06:39 »
Lots of great images. It's too bad about the sound of the motors. When you get all three going it gets pretty loud. Still the animation is nice.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 18:36:51 »
Thanks for the review - I had no idea the motor would be so noisy!

(loved the guy with the torch riding there - I suppose the "bucket" covers are fire proof? ;D)

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 19:15:51 »
I have had the Ferris Wheel on my exhibition layout since spring. At first the motor was nosey but I put some oil on the gears of the Ferris Wheel and this made it quieter. However with it being run a lot at exhibitions it now O.K. This also applied to the Break Dancer and Carousel.
There are photographs of them on my web site www.walts-playmobil-collection.me.uk

Offline Pippa

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 19:44:15 »
Thanks for the review.  The set looks great and I like all your pics!