Author Topic: Program Photos?  (Read 3565 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Program Photos?
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 16:28:34 »
764 x 1024 Pixels

I use a 17" and a 19" screen and the picture does not quite fit, you have to scroll around to see it all. I think most members use 600x800
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Dobermann

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 18:28:53 »

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 10:11:45 »
Hello.
I change my pictures on my PC
I use a base from Microsoft with the name "Office". Microsoft office.
In that base there are these programs:
Pictures manager
Word
Excel
Access
Powerpoint and some other.
In the program Pictures manager you can change your pictures in a few seconds in any size you want.
The Microsoft office is very famous here in Greece, everybody use this.
Maybe on your PC you will have something like this. Do you have some of the programs I wrote? If yes, maybe you will have a program for your pictures too.
Maybe in another base. I hope it will help you.

George.
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline Dobermann

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 11:43:09 »
Thank you george
i do have those programs.
but i am now in love with photobucket, it was so easy to upload pictures into playmofriends when i used that page.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 13:24:06 »
Hello.
I change my pictures on my PC
I use a base from Microsoft with the name "Office". Microsoft office.
In that base there are these programs:
Pictures manager
Word
Excel
Access
Powerpoint and some other.
In the program Pictures manager you can change your pictures in a few seconds in any size you want.
The Microsoft office is very famous here in Greece, everybody use this.
Maybe on your PC you will have something like this. Do you have some of the programs I wrote? If yes, maybe you will have a program for your pictures too.
Maybe in another base. I hope it will help you.

George.

A very good (better?) alternative to Microsoft Office is OpenOffice which is a free download and much easy to use and more flexible than Microsoft Office.  After years of Word and Excel etc at work, I abandoned them all for Open Office on my own machine.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 17:59:24 »
Thanks for the info.
I think Microsoft Office is from 2003 so, I'm sure that Open Office is best. I must check this. I don't need this for my work, I use it only for my pictures with my playmos but I will take a look. Thanks again.

George.
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 00:24:24 »
A very good (better?) alternative to Microsoft Office is OpenOffice which is a free download and much easy to use and more flexible than Microsoft Office.  After years of Word and Excel etc at work, I abandoned them all for Open Office on my own machine.

:yup: I never like microsoft and now both them and apple. They have a big heavy thumb holding down innovation.

So one thing that I do wonder about on what type of picture to load is for the long run.

When you use 3rd party sites all your info is held there and you are merely adding a link that shows up.

When you embed the info it is  ???  stored on the PF's sites info?

Once the editing time has lapsed and it is written into the site (if it is ) you would not be able to remove it.

On third party sites all one would have to do is remove the info from that site and the link is now dead, picture does not show up.

Is that right?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 00:34:32 »
When you embed the info it is  ???  stored on the PF's sites info?

By embed do you mean attach? Only attachments directly uploaded to the forum are stored permanently on PF's server.

Once the editing time has lapsed and it is written into the site (if it is ) you would not be able to remove it.

On third party sites all one would have to do is remove the info from that site and the link is now dead, picture does not show up.

Is that right?

Yes, that's right. If someone has a strop they can delete all of their remotely hosted images (Photobucket, ImageShack, etc) and it will usually leave a big mess behind here.  ::) ... not forever, though. If I discover a topic that is no longer useful due to numerous deleted images, I usually remove it to prevent browsers becoming frustrated.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 15:46:00 »
Yeah, I really hate when I look in a thread and find all the pictures gone. I guess when I do I should move them, then?
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 01:14:34 »
Yeah, I really hate when I look in a thread and find all the pictures gone. I guess when I do I should move them, then?

Yep, just put it in the Mods area and I will archive it. :)
That way it can always be pulled back up again at a later date, if it's really needed. ;)