Author Topic: Adapting/substituting pictures in old posts  (Read 3982 times)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
Adapting/substituting pictures in old posts
« on: January 26, 2016, 09:12:55 »
I would like to resize pictures in my reviews (so that they are all evenly wide) and thought of replacing them (with new links) but then realised that posts cannot be altered by authors after 24 hrs. I asked the moderator whether these posts could be re-opened on this one occasion but did not hear back, so I guess that is a no-go. Then I tried a different approach, by resizing my pictures at the hosting site, but even after several days they still appear identical on Playmofriends.

Now I would like to know:

1) Has the Playmofriends site some kind of memory, so that altering pictures at a hosting site does not change their appearance at Playmofriends?
2) Is there another way to modify pictures in old posts?

I appreciate any advice that you might have.

Many thanks & best wishes
StJohn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Adapting/substituting pictures in old posts
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 09:43:05 »
Did you try Ctrl+F5?

I've had problems with the browser cache and old pics... I believe on a couple of occasions I had to clear the cache for the changes to be seen..

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Adapting/substituting pictures in old posts
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 01:57:15 »
What moderator did you ask? We've had one out of town away from the internet, but I'm sure none of us would purposely ignore your question.

It seems to me this has come up before, and I know sometimes when you resize them at the hosting site, they look resized to everyone else here, but it may take time for you to see the updated version. Try refreshing the page several times. If you give a link to a thread where you have tried to update the pics, someone can tell you if they appear to be the right size.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.