Author Topic: Playmobil Christmas Train  (Read 5144 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Playmobil Christmas Train
« on: December 08, 2017, 21:47:26 »
Last weekend we had our great-niece, Sophia, aged seven and a half together with her parents over for the weekend for the annual ride on the Santa Train on North Bay Miniature Railway. This is Sophia's eighth ride on the train (her first was when she was about 8 months old) and her enthusiasm gets more each year. She's a great Playmobil fan (I'm not sure where she gets that from but she did ask Santa for a train when she was five), so I set up a window display for her with a train running back and forth automatically. Here are some photos. I used old style figures as they are contemporary with the early train sets. I must admit that the loco isn't Playmobil but an LGB Spremberger because this loco is about one inch shorter than the Playmobil ones and with less than eight feet to use, one inch can be important!

More photos will follow tomorrow.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Playmobil Christmas Train
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 22:08:12 »
Looks great - I bet it was a great success with her (and her parents) :)

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 02:55:52 »
I like it a lot!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 09:00:03 »
Ich hätt auch gern ein zweieinhalb Meter Fensterbrett! Klasse!

Wish I had an 8 feet window sill. Great!

jj:

P.S. How do you call that back and forth automatic module? It's a "Pendelautomatik" in German, but in English?
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 09:45:13 »
Hypnotic
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 12:21:11 »
Ich hätt auch gern ein zweieinhalb Meter Fensterbrett! Klasse!

Wish I had an 8 feet window sill. Great!

jj:

P.S. How do you call that back and forth automatic module? It's a "Pendelautomatik" in German, but in English?

I( wish I had your attic!  I'll swap you tow eight foot windoow sills for half your attic.  (Hmm, must check my wording  - is it a window ledge or a window sill or window cill?)

In English the unit is an automatic shuttle unit or automatic reversing unit.    The German, I assume, is a compuond noun of automatic pendulum?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 20:25:06 »
Looks like lots of fun Gordon!

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 22:17:27 »
Really nice set up
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 00:24:22 »
 :love:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 19:17:17 »
In English the unit is an automatic shuttle unit or automatic reversing unit.    The German, I assume, is a compuond noun of automatic pendulum?
Well yes and no. I don't know how to explain. Our compound words always have on main component and one (or more) describing ones. Take a "Haustür", house door. Door/Tür is the main part, Haus/house the describing one as it also could be a sheds door (Schuppentür) or the door of a fridge (Kühlschranktür).

Here "Automatik" (automatic) is the main part and "Pendel" (shuttle) the describing one. So "pendulum automatic" or "shuttle automatism" to me sounds more closely to our "Pendelautomatik". An "automatic pendulum" to me sounds as if a pendulum (main component) would work on its own (automatic beeing the component describing the pendulum).

jj:

P.S. Would ledge/sill/cill make any difference? Nontheless, After careful consideration I just decided not to swap my attic for a windowwhatsoever  8}.

P.P.S. Would automatic and automatism have the identical meaning in English?
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)