Author Topic: Indoor Lighting Question  (Read 2415 times)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Indoor Lighting Question
« on: September 26, 2018, 00:04:10 »
It's been 28 years since I worked in a portrait studio, and that was well before digital cameras were around, so I need some advice on what's good lighting for taking indoor Playmo photos. This is being advertised online:

1200 Watts White Umbrella Soft box Continuous Lighting Photo Video Studio Kit With Chromakey Background Muslins

This is similar to what I've used before, so I think I can relearn how to manage it correctly; I'd like to have any opinions from those here who do indoor shooting. All of mine is done outdoors because I have nothing adequate to use inside; I'd like to correct that. Much thanks!

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
Re: Indoor Lighting Question
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 02:36:27 »
I use an Ott Light for my small scenes
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 17:38:02 »
I have a photo table with a double fluorescent tube fixture above and also three LED full spectrum lights directly over where I photograph. The more light you have the better, and lights that duplicate natural sunlight spectrum as much as possible are best.

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 15:35:39 »
TX. Full spectrum LED sounds great. Did we have those in the '80s?  ;) I'm still considering the set-up in the link. I could use a backdrop, & fixtures to hold the lights, as right now I have nothing. I have to get something useful for indoor photos because the outdoors is just too unreliable, & I can't transport everything I'd like.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 16:34:45 »
Good afternoon dear Friends  :wave:

I used to have two of these umbrella style studio lights for my Return to Regent project and they worked rather well.

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 20:24:18 »
That looks like a good kit. But the list contains three green backdrops, instead of one each of green, white and black as shown in the picture. Probably just a mistake, but it might be worth checking!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)