Author Topic: Playmobil 5393  (Read 2310 times)

Offline jsllee

• Playmo Pal
Re: Playmobil 5393
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 06:43:06 »
HI everyone, just an update. This afternoon, I received an email from Playmobil asking for receipt and a picture of the arm.
So lets see....meanwhile, here is what I had gotten. Thanks.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 03:35:01 »
Shameful!
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline jsllee

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 04:46:11 »
I cant believe it! Following is the reply from Playmobil:

Dear Mr Soon,

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding the printed arms of the soldiers in item 5393, we would like to explain the following:

Due to logistic reasons a technical change in the production of the arms of the Roman figures had been necessary. Thus, some of the Roman items are equipped with figures that have got either injected top parts or printed ones. Unfortunately, arms of figures can not be ordered separately.

Since these different arms do not imply a change in the function of the figure and since the play value remains the same, we do hope that you can accept your Roman figures the way they are and have a lot of fun with your Playmobil item.

We count on your understanding that the difference in arms does not represent a defect of the figure.

With kind regards,

Jutta U.Steiner

geobra Brandstätter Stiftung & Co. KG
CRM-Export

Address:
geobra Brandstätter Stiftung & Co. KG
Industriestr. 5
90599 Dietenhofen
Phone: 0049-(0)911-9666-1157
Fax: 0049-(0)911-9666-1303
e-mail: crm_export@playmobil.de

Offline jsllee

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 04:47:00 »
I just cant believe it ! Such is the respose and reply from Playmobil!!!

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 05:14:48 »
Since these different arms do not imply a change in the function of the figure and since the play value remains the same, we do hope that you can accept your Roman figures the way they are and have a lot of fun with your Playmobil item.

That is the classic Geobra line, "mindert den Spielwert nicht". It is annoying, but I hope you are able to live with the idea that loving Playmobil necessarily means accepting the awkward attitudes of the company. For me it is part of the fun.

Where are you based, jsllee, and in what language came this answer? Original English, or did you translate? I love to see the original for my Geobra phrasebook collection.

Best wishes
StJohn 

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 07:37:51 »
Apparently, that is a change - klickys were replaced before.

There was also an issue with one of the cop sets, remember? Some brought plain tshirt sleeves instead of rolled up sleeves.. Someone here got the klickys with the proper sleeves sent to him..

I only noticed mine after it was pointed out to me, and since I found them better and had plenty of rolled sleeves anyways (pop!) I never complained.

Oh, and are the printed roman arms "female"? As in "bent", with that silly left/right distinction? I think the ones I got (in lots) were.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 13:20:45 »
They can send Just arms, I had to get them to do so when I received a Roman with a screwed up arm
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 13:39:05 »
Sending just arms I never heard of.. and that would imply the "customer" could pop the klicky to correct the problem.

They sent the whole klicky when he had a wrong arm..

And I believe it was the same with the romans way back then (not to me!)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 02:54:09 »
As suspected, they're cutting corners.
Same play value? Well technically you get the same value using a farmer holding a broom and a bucket on his head. Does that mean a child should be happy to receive such a thing instead of a knight?
It's false advertising. If I buy something because it looks a certain way, then I expect it to be that when I open it as that is what I've paid for - not some near enough is good enough item.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 06:58:58 »
As suspected, they're cutting corners.
Same play value? Well technically you get the same value using a farmer holding a broom and a bucket on his head. Does that mean a child should be happy to receive such a thing instead of a knight?
It's false advertising. If I buy something because it looks a certain way, then I expect it to be that when I open it as that is what I've paid for - not some near enough is good enough item.

Except that on the box or in the advertising it often says, "Contents in box may differ from those illustrated".
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”