Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
News / Re: Playmobil in the News
« Last post by JLMatterer on April 17, 2024, 22:27:59 »

Report & Review / My last purchase 3769 + 71436
« Last post by pingo on April 17, 2024, 18:45:59 »
New and old  :high5: 71436  :)9 love those colors 3769 MISB  :yippee:
Brainstorming For Playmobil / Re: What's wrong with Playmobil? 2
« Last post by playmofire on April 17, 2024, 16:19:13 »
WOW PM is now LOSING money?!? Holy cow... The only silver lining I see is in the example of Lego -- they came right to the brink of bankruptcy before they made the necessary changes to save the company. Whether PM can do the same, only the future knows.
On a side note, for a country as highly regarded as Germany is in the field of manufacturing, they sure have a hard time producing decent management talent. The degradation of the company's image and profits is entirely the fault of top management, period.

Many German businesses are family owned and though it is not exactly so in this there is an old British Victorian in relation to such firms "Clogs to clogs in three generations", meaning the first generation start the business and build sound foundations, the second generation build on these and expand the business successfully while the third generation run the business down.  Broadly speaking, this seems to be what has happened with Playmobil, not in terms of family generations but in terms of management generations.
« Last post by Alex4420 on April 17, 2024, 12:57:15 »
WOW PM is now LOSING money?!? Holy cow... The only silver lining I see is in the example of Lego -- they came right to the brink of bankruptcy before they made the necessary changes to save the company. Whether PM can do the same, only the future knows.
On a side note, for a country as highly regarded as Germany is in the field of manufacturing, they sure have a hard time producing decent management talent. The degradation of the company's image and profits is entirely the fault of top management, period.
Brainstorming For Playmobil / Re: Lay off the Militarism
« Last post by GrahamB on April 17, 2024, 12:48:04 »
I just got the image off the net, but it could be a fan creation rather than a Gerry Anderson original, which might explain the discrepancy.
News / Re: Not Quite Playmobil News
« Last post by JLMatterer on April 16, 2024, 23:04:26 »
News / Re: Playmobil in the News
« Last post by JLMatterer on April 16, 2024, 22:57:42 »

Brainstorming For Playmobil / Re: Ancient Japan
« Last post by Klickteryx on April 16, 2024, 09:52:49 »
It sounds wonderful, but I don’t think young children will relate to ancient Japan.
Anime is popular and often shows traditional Japanese architecture in it including large traditional homes with tatami mats and sliding doors. It also features a lot of Shinto shrines including tori gates and trees with shimenawa (sacred rope tied around the trunk).
« Last post by Klickteryx on April 16, 2024, 09:42:52 »
It's being run by idiots in other words. The lack of anything interesting in the 50 year theme is proof of that. Something simple like a Horst and Hans set; a display box showing the changes in design of a  single character like a fireman from the 70s through to the present; a bunch of city life people with 50 jahre or similar on their clothing; lots of ideas spring to mind that would only require parts being done in different colours and some prints to provide unique klickys. Did the deciders approach anyone in the collecting community before making a final decision on what to include for a half century celebration?

Brainstorming For Playmobil / Re: Lay off the Militarism
« Last post by Klickteryx on April 16, 2024, 08:49:23 »
I watched it back in the day. Although the vehicles and special effects were good, even as a child I could spot the clunkiness in some scenes. For example, in the picture above, the right rear supporting leg of Thunderbird 2 is clearly too short, so the back end of the aircraft isn't level!
I'm not sure where that image came from but it's not from the original show which had a lot more detail in the hangar. It was clunky of course being a show using puppets but very good compared to other fx driven shows of the time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10