Author Topic: Detailed pictures of Spirit series on Amazon.de!  (Read 1772 times)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Detailed pictures of Spirit series on Amazon.de!
« on: July 14, 2018, 09:44:41 »
Hi guys

I know! Long time, no see! I had some busy months, but today I found something really nice that I wanted to share with you! The detailed pictures of the Spirit series are finally online!

9475 – Lucky's Happy Home: https://www.amazon.de/PLAYMOBIL-9475-Spielzeug-Gl%C3%BCckliches-Zuhause/dp/B079N2CMRT/
=> Finally a clear picture of the interior and the stove!!!

9476 – Lucky's Bedroom: https://www.amazon.de/PLAYMOBIL-9476-Spielzeug-Luckys-Schlafzimmer/dp/B079MV9173/

9479 – Pru & Chica Linda: https://www.amazon.de/PLAYMOBIL-9479-Spielzeug-Pferdebox-Chica/dp/B079N37BLF/

9478 – Lucky & Spirit: https://www.amazon.de/PLAYMOBIL-9478-Spielzeug-Pferdebox-Spirit/dp/B079MSFJSP/

9480 – Abigail & Boomerang: https://www.amazon.de/PLAYMOBIL-9480-Spielzeug-Pferdebox-Boomerang/dp/B079N1NV31/

9477 – Lucky's Father Jim and Carriage: https://www.amazon.de/PLAYMOBIL-9477-Spielzeug-Vater-Kutsche/dp/B079MKWDDV/

Only 9481 Maricela is not online yet. Sets seem to be released in Germany at 28 September.

Enjoy!!!  :wave:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 17:47:13 by bml87 »
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
Re: Detailed pictures of Spirit series on Amazon.de!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 13:05:59 »
Thanks for that! Some nice items - I'd spotted the stove but didn't realise the bookcase was in the house. I always preferred the bookshelf to the china cabinet, but it's been used a lot less. Not sure about it in green though. The bedroom has some nice stuff, though the figures are really weird looking.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 14:20:30 »
Thank you :)

The normal klickys are really nice, especially the woman (shoes excepted), but so far I couldn't get my hands on them.

I love the bedroom chairs, but find the table completely "off".

The horsies are kinda nice. And the straw is amazing! I hadn't noticed that larger part = :love:  WANT.

The wagon is kinda cute.. And I like the fire.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 17:31:23 »
Some lovely items there. And new hairs, on Lucky and Pru (but I think Abigail's is not a new one). I think Maricela's hair will be new too. But more of those slimline klickies, like some of the Super 4 ones.

Does a pink riding crop (whip) hurt the horse less than a standard brown one? (One of my daughters evicted all the crops from her PM horse sets when she was younger. She will never use a crop on a real horse!)
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 18:01:56 »
To be honest, I start to like the body shapes of the youngsters, except of the heads (can be replaced). Now you really have a a difference between a teenager and an adult. In my opinion Playmobil always missed a klicky between those two generations.

Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 19:14:08 »
To be honest, I start to like the body shapes of the youngsters, except of the heads (can be replaced). Now you really have a a difference between a teenager and an adult. In my opinion Playmobil always missed a klicky between those two generations.

The head can be replaced?! AFAIK, the heads are different - so basically you could trade between them... (and I am not sure how easy they are to pop - in one piece, anyways..)

I hate the body - especially the female. IMO, completely out of proportion or something. Plain weird :( 

And then the printed faces, way too high on the head, makes them look stupid :(   I think if the print was correctly placed on the head, they would be very pretty.. like Twinkle - beautiful.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 19:40:36 »
The head can be replaced?! AFAIK, the heads are different - so basically you could trade between them... (and I am not sure how easy they are to pop - in one piece, anyways..)

Really? :-( I hoped the normal Playmobil heads would fit on it... that’s bad...

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 19:45:48 »
Really? :-( I hoped the normal Playmobil heads would fit on it... that’s bad...

There were pics on Klickywelt. I never actually pop them - no point, right?  The neck is longer and thinner, apparently. AND the starved fairies are yet ANOTHER type. Matching, I suppose, NOTHING.  The others I believe have speedo arms. Which is kinda pointless too. Especially in males (is this a good time to recall the idiotic male/female ARMS!?  >:( )

The klickys are very disappointing, because of that :( 

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 09:08:22 »
I think the point is that with licensed themes, Geobra are attempting to make the figures look as close as possible to the on-screen versions children will be familiar with. This might even be a condition of the licence. The fact they sometimes fall short of that goal (especially with Lucky in the Spirit series, IMO) will not worry Geobra unless it reflects in sales.

They certainly don't care about the customisation possibilities or interchangeability of parts (in licensed sets or anywhere, hence System Why?).

Super 4 sets, for example, have brought 20 new hair parts to the PM world (12 interchangeable with others on 'standard' heads, 3 interchangeable only with one another and 5 molded into the head in the same way as children's hair styles, so not interchangeable- and probably the whole heads from these 5 are not widely interchangeable, I just learned!). But so far, none of these hairstyles has been used outside the Super 4 theme and that may well be intentional.

It's too early yet to say whether HTTYD hairstyles (7 new styles so far) will be seen outside that theme. But Ghostbusters brought no new styles, so maybe not every licence (or licensor) demands new parts.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2018, 14:47:50 »
I think the point is that with licensed themes, Geobra are attempting to make the figures look as close as possible to the on-screen versions children will be familiar with. This might even be a condition of the licence.

In the case of the males, I SERIOUSLY doubt a non-playmomaniac can tell the difference... unless MAYBE they are side to side. MAYBE.

The females look completely off - and the fairies... I don't even know what they look like :(

They certainly don't care about the customisation possibilities or interchangeability of parts (in licensed sets or anywhere, hence System Why?).

Nope, of course not :'(

Super 4 sets, for example, have brought 20 new hair parts to the PM world (12 interchangeable with others on 'standard' heads, 3 interchangeable only with one another and 5 molded into the head in the same way as children's hair styles, so not interchangeable- and probably the whole heads from these 5 are not widely interchangeable, I just learned!). But so far, none of these hairstyles has been used outside the Super 4 theme and that may well be intentional.

The molded head from ... Sir Gareth? is a normal one, so highly usable.. The others... :(  A real shame, I for one LOVE the fairies heads - hate the bodies.

It's too early yet to say whether HTTYD hairstyles (7 new styles so far) will be seen outside that theme. But Ghostbusters brought no new styles, so maybe not every licence (or licensor) demands new parts.

Ghostbusters had a weird new one - those more recent: Spengler with VERY WEIRD hair (had to look, I can't tell them apart)

... of course we could argue it is not really very .. useful.