Author Topic: New licensed themes Playmobil 2019!!!  (Read 7770 times)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Re: New licensed themes Playmobil 2019!!!
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2019, 05:32:49 »
There is a market for adult collectibles, but it is interesting that they are going back that far. Skipping millennials and going straight for the boomer/gen-x crowd.

That's who's spending the money trying to recapture their childhood (cough cough).  :-[  Millennials have another decade or so before they really begin to pine for what's gone.  :skull:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2019, 13:55:42 »
Is it possible that Geobra, in it Licensing test phase. is using very old movies due to the cost of the license itself ?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2019, 14:17:17 »
Is it possible that Geobra, in it Licensing test phase. is using very old movies due to the cost of the license itself ?

No idea... THE license is definitely SW, right? Amazingly, the ghostbusters one seemed to do ok.. much to my surprise...

And.. did you see the PRICE of those larger ghostbusters "klickys"? BY THE GODS! 50 EUR!
(they're some sort of limited edition? Not sure... but thank the gods it's ghostbusters!)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2019, 15:28:20 »

Not sure if you pay less for an older license, plus, there was recently a new Ghost Busters movie, so I guess that doesn't count as an old one (anymore). They also seem to have the license for the new Heidi cartoons and not the old ones. Don't forget Dragons and Spirit are recent animation projects.

(they're some sort of limited edition? Not sure... but thank the gods it's ghostbusters!)

Only 12500 per figure will be made according to the new catalogue p32 (http://playmobil.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/KATALOG_DE_2019_1). But 50 euros is a lot indeed... On the other hand, real Ghost Buster fans will buy those things! (Un)fortunately, I'm not one of them. I only bought the hot dog stand for my circus diorama and because I lost the original version (3848) during my childhood...
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2019, 17:01:37 »
Oh, I thought the first Ghostbusters round (“who you gonna call”) was based on the original movie from 1984. Then Geobra did a second round (“the real ghostbusters”) of them based on ???

Same goes for How to train your Dragon 1 🐉 from 2010

I haven’t been around since all this licensing started after Horst kicked the bucket
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2019, 17:42:20 »
(Un)fortunately, I'm not one of them. I only bought the hot dog stand for my circus diorama and because I lost the original version (3848) during my childhood...

Ghostbusters mean nothing to me... it was sort of lame even back then, now... interest = 0

Though we did get the car (it IS different from everything else) and a couple more smallish sets - AND the best part - those pups :love: .. a few times. By far the best of all the ghostbusters theme - AND a small set :o  AND with a beautiful woman..

Also, the klickys are.. BROWN, so...  :love:

But 50 is far too much for those - I didn't expect it to be sooo expensive. Wasn't on my list  anyway - though if it was a nicer klicky, I'd like one or two..

Same goes for How to train your Dragon 1 🐉 from 2010

The first sets from HTTYD are based on the second movie... I think.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2019, 20:53:47 »

I definitely think that is part of it. Even with the more recent licenses (HTTYD and Spirit), they aren't going for the really big players.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2019, 21:10:58 »
did you see the PRICE of those larger ghostbusters "klickys"? BY THE GODS! 50 EUR!

Insane!! 50 euro for one 15 cm klicky   8}
(it is NOT a Tintin-statue!!)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2019, 22:04:15 »
Another angle of the posters of the 3 new licenses:

More pictures from the Toy Fair:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtVXDdGFC9p/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=88e5wuvjldsl

The fourth poster is with information apparently  ;)
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Basie10

• It's ok :)
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2019, 06:51:23 »
Back to the Future klickys? Heavy!