Author Topic: LGB train for children  (Read 3659 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
LGB train for children
« on: November 02, 2017, 19:43:14 »
I came across this is a search for LGB Toy Train buildings:

http://www.gaugemaster.com/item_details.asp?code=LGB90463&style=&strType=&Mcode=LGB+90463

Much more than an equivalent Playmobil version would cost, but LGB clearly believe that there is a market out there for G scale for youngsters.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: LGB train for children
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 09:06:28 »
Just this weekend I came across the cowmilk wagon (car?) from Toy Train.. it's sooo pretty.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 13:56:30 »
Just this weekend I came across the cowmilk wagon (car?) from Toy Train.. it's sooo pretty.

In what sense "came across"?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 15:12:03 »
In what sense "came across"?

In the sense I had to move the boxes where the trains are, and I peeked in a box of wagons  :-[

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 16:40:58 »
Life must be one long experience of discovery in the Playmomountains of your home, Tahra! A hazy memory helps too?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 17:22:38 »
In the sense I had to move the boxes where the trains are, and I peeked in a box of wagons  :-[

Just looked it up, it looks as if it's in winter camouflage!

I have an LGB Agip fuel tanker I'm going to make into a milk tanker and stick a picture of a black and white Playmobil cow on the sides.

I didn't know you were into trains.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 18:27:51 »
I have an LGB Agip fuel tanker I'm going to make into a milk tanker and stick a picture of a black and white Playmobil cow on the sides.

Sounds interesting! Later.. :picsplz:

Your planned decoration for the tanker reminded me of this sticker; http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-89-5682 (but without the pig!)
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 18:46:01 »
Life must be one long experience of discovery in the Playmomountains of your home, Tahra! A hazy memory helps too?

:-[ :-[

Just looked it up, it looks as if it's in winter camouflage!

I didn't know you were into trains.

Unfortunately (?) there is no theme I am not into, I suppose.

I want to see pics of that milk tanker too!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 18:55:38 »
Sounds interesting! Later.. :picsplz:

Your planned decoration for the tanker reminded me of this sticker; http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-89-5682 (but without the pig!)

Hmm, cow's milk, goat's milk, but you're right, pig's milk is a non-starter!

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 21:43:39 »
Much more than an equivalent Playmobil version would cost, but LGB clearly believe that there is a market out there for G scale for youngsters.
Im Gegensatz zu Playmobil kann LGB drauf setzen, daß LGB-fahrende Eltern ihre Kinder damit für die Bahn begeistern wollen.

Other than Playmobil they can just relay on adults already runnig LGB trains hoping to spark their children.

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)