Author Topic: Missing piece for Galley 7512  (Read 1693 times)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Missing piece for Galley 7512
« on: November 12, 2016, 13:42:18 »
May I ask a question regarding 7512 Roman Galley? I got this for my birthday in July & just opened it this morning. It is missing piece 30 88 4622:

Float for Roman galleon

Exactly what is it & how important is it? It's the first step in the instructions & so I'm stymied in putting it together. I'll have to wait until Monday to call Playmobil about it & then hope it can be replaced.

TX  :)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Missing piece for Galley 7512
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 14:10:37 »
Makes no difference at all if you don't plan to float it. If you do... have no idea :-[

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 20:04:47 »
Makes no difference at all if you don't plan to float it. If you do... have no idea :-[

TX! Maybe I'll put it together with the idea that I'll tear it apart if I ever can replace the piece. I may someday put it in water for pictures.  :)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 21:10:54 »
I finally called Playmobil this week & they're replacing the float. Also, I have an angel missing a wing :'( and used this opportunity to get a new pair. Somewhere a bell is ringing....

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 17:20:27 »
My replacement float arrived today, & I finally got this figured out. The float is styrofoam; I assumed it was a piece of molded plastic. Duh.... After seeing the replacement, I looked through the bin holding my recycled packing materials, and there was the original float. I had thought it was just part of the box's packing & tossed it. Good thing I keep such stuff, but I feel darn silly now... & I also now have 2 floats....

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 17:43:47 »
You could always sell it on ebay for the price you paid to by it from Playmobil Parts, plus S&H of course.
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 13:49:50 »
Sorry I didn't see this earlier JLMatterer, I could have saved you the trouble! I have two galleys and yes the float is styrofoam...as you know now.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 14:20:23 »
Like most things you don't know, it seems obvious once you do! Most of the floating boats have strofoam floats, but if you haven't ever taken one apart (or assembled one from scratch) there is no reason why you would know that. I read this topic a while ago and never thought to mention that the float is styrofoam (expanded polystyrene to some). So now you have two! Doh!

At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)