Author Topic: Hi everybody!  (Read 10488 times)

Offline Red

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Proud mommy of M and G!
Hi everybody!
« on: November 14, 2005, 06:03:01 »
Well, I have finally made it onto the new board too, after perusing as a guest these last few days.  :)

Congratulations to Sylvia, Psyche, Meg, Serenity, and G-zino on your great accomplishment! This a great new home for all of us playmo friends!

Some of you know me as mommy2mandg... but like many of you I decided a new name is needed for a new board. I thought long and hard about what that new name should be.... almost going the simplest route and just using my given name Kim. But nicknames are fun so "Red" it is. I also created a new avatar... but I am not crazy about it so it may change!  :) 

As some of you know I am currently a stay-at-home mom to two little girls, both of whom love playmobil too. I have been a playmobil fan for about three years now. In my former life I was a software engineer for CNET.

I currently collect the castle, farm, victorian and fairy tale themes, as well as indian sets, and any sets with bicycles. I'll admit I do have a hard time limiting myself to those categories though, especially when it comes to specials and Vedes sets! (And next year I just have to have some of those new liesure-theme and logging sets!)

I love to trade and have a website where I post parts and sets I have and want; I will post a link in the appropriate part of the board soon.

I am looking forward to spending time with all of you!

Cheers,
Red
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 13:47:44 by Red »
One half the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other. - Jane Austen

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
Re: Hi everybody!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 06:09:10 »
Yippee! Red has arrived! (And she'll have to tell the tale behind her new ID!) I was thrilled to see you made your way here and so glad you were patient while this site came to be!

I didn't realize you collected the farm theme...I spent a bit of time trying to win some great farm auctions today but kept getting beat out (was that you?  :P )

I look forward to seeing your web page and hope you have a blast here on PlaymoFriends! :*)
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 10:13:55 »
Hi KJ! :wave:

Welcome to PlaymoFriends and thanks for the nice feedback on the site! :-*

You can add your website to your profile too, if you want to. Perhaps you'll get more offers for things that you need to complete your collection. :)

Offline Red

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 14:02:31 »
Hi Psyche,

The story behind Red...

Well at first I was considering going by a name of a character in one of my favorite books: Elizabeth, MissBennet, Eowyn, Lyra, Francie, Dorothea... Then I thought of taking one of my favorite TV character's names: Kara or Starbuck. But all these felt like put-ons.. so I began thinking about just going with Kim. But then I remembered an old friend used to call me Red (on account of my red hair of course).

No it wasn't me bidding against you last night!  :) I haven't been bidding too much lately actually, trying to keep a lid on my pre-Christmas spending. Though I did bid on some old playmobil catalogs this morning as my girls love to look at them. I lost.  :'(

I will post a link to my website today I hope. It just needs a tiny bit of updating to reflect some recent trades.

Again, I am so glad we are all here!

Cheers,
Red
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 18:03:56 by Red »

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 14:35:15 »
Hi Red! Welcome!  :wave:

"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 17:29:30 »
Hello Kim and welcome to the new board  :) Glad to have you with us  :D

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 18:21:36 »
Hello Red  :wave:

I am glad  you could join us.
Farms are cool, and so are old catalogues.
The catalogues are quite a collectors item, for some people.

I hope you enjoy your time online, here

Meg

Offline David

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 18:22:35 »
Hi Red! Great to see you!  Thanks for the details of your playmo collection! We can´t wait to see your website.

I´ve been speculating as to the names of M and G. I thought , if you´re Red, they could be Magenta  and Grey, maybe?  ;D

Guarrenzino

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 21:50:42 »
Starbuck??? Are you a Gallactica fan by chance? :D
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Red

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 21:52:34 »
:yup: :yup: :yup: :yup: HUGE! (Only the new one, though!)

Red