Author Topic: Hello from Mississippi!  (Read 11394 times)

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
Re: Hello from Mississippi!
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2005, 15:49:19 »
Robbie,
your idea to move out of the house is a good one.
parents birds often kick their fledglings out of the nest to get then to try to fly.
College is the time when kids should be encouraged to try things (legal) and complete their drive for independence  (OK, Zina is only 13, and I havent had to deal with her moving out.)

Is it because of your schooling that your parents are considering moving?

Welcome again,
Its nice to know you are here

M

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2005, 18:04:12 »
Hi Robbie!  Glad to see you made it through the hurricanes in one piece, and Psyche is right, the 3rd semester was the worst.

If you go out to the northwest, drive through NM on your way and pick me up ;)  :P  ;D
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Madame X

• Defender of frogs 'n' bunnies 'n' stuff
  • x
  • Playmo Enthusiast
  • Don't even think about despoiling my pond!
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2005, 04:58:59 »
Hey there, Robbie!     :wave:

Great to see you here!  Your intro reminded me that I first learned about the Tuesday Morning stores from you way back when.  Have you seen any Playmo stuff at TM lately?  The one near me has had a few small sets, but also the 3666 large castle and the 3500 large mansion :o
- Anne   (formerly Indianna)

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2005, 05:11:41 »
Your intro reminded me that I first learned about the Tuesday Morning stores from you way back when.  Have you seen any Playmo stuff at TM lately?  The one near me has had a few small sets, but also the 3666 large castle and the 3500 large mansion :o

Yes, that reminds me... :yup:..I was in there one day not expecting to find anything new as far as Playmobil goes, when I checked out a back shelf to find the King's Large Castle(3666) sitting there. I thought it was weird that it was back on the shelf because I knew there was only one and it hadn't been there for about two weeks. I got a closer look and this is what I found....the $99.95 on the price label had been marked through and the price was slashed to $25.00! :D The only thing wrong with this one is that the box was damaged and had come open in the store. All pieces were there and still sealed in the bags. The box is not too far gone at all and I have it looking pretty good. I was thrilled with this little deal and it reminded me of the good old days of Tuesday Morning when they would go through old stock and mark through the lowest price. Its been sooooo long since I've seen them do that.  8}

Aside from that, today I was in there and found some really neat clay pots for gardening and stuff for my mom. They originally were marked as retail price $34.00, Deep Discount Price $9.99 and I snatched em for $2.49. Can you tell I'm a bargain shopper? LOL.  :lol:

Robbie

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2005, 07:25:03 »
And you deserve Kudos for purchasing such nice pots for you mom  0)

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2005, 10:13:56 »
Hi Robbie!

Welcome at PlaymoFriends... Hmm, see you are already arrived here...  Great! 8-)

Did you get the 3211 already? You definitely should. It's a great car. I just played
with my little one this morning.. They (the playmos) went out shopping to buy some
LEGO...  :-[ So they stuffed the whole car with the bricks... But luckily you can turn
down the bench... :)

I just recently came along this car, as it is the same as for the bakery delivery van!  :yup:

Anyway, have fun here...
greetings from germany,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2005, 22:57:50 »
Hi Socrates!

I haven't gotten my hands on the old green car yet, but I am being patient. :) I have the black snow citycar(3693) which was a later version of the green car, and that one is my favorite Playmobil set in my collection. I wasn't sure if the newer Bakery Van was the same molding. Isn't that one going to be put out of production next year? If so, it didn't last too long at all.

Robbie

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2005, 00:04:40 »
Hey Robbie,  I can testify that you are the Superman of Shopping, the Duke of Good Deals, and the Big Game Hunter of Bargains! :D  :yup: 8-)
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2005, 00:10:50 »
 :o :o :o  I can't believe you got 3666 for $25!!!!!  :o :o :o 

You are a shopping god!
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2005, 00:25:11 »
LOL! I might put that Castle together tonight. The figures are awesome, especially the Messenger(I don't know what you'd call him exactly, he's the older guy). My other Tuesday Morning across town had the Castle when I went in there today and it was still $99.95. I know that's still a good price, but not good enough for me. ;)

Yep, I think I'm a good shopper.  ^-^ If I see something I want, I usually always wait for it to get marked down. There's always the chance that someone else could snatch up stuff at the current price, but there's also the chance I could get the item later on for considerably less. ;)

Robbie