Author Topic: custom gods (?) I found randomly  (Read 6748 times)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
custom gods (?) I found randomly
« on: April 08, 2018, 03:18:33 »

Found on pinterest during an image search for something else, and reverse searching it brings up nothing. Judging from the text this seems to be different interpretations of the god Ares, but it's difficult to be sure. Very nice work!
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Online Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
Re: custom gods (?) I found randomly
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 09:02:54 »
They look great though a couple seem to be other gods like Poseidon with his trident, Hermes with the wings, and the bearded one with bow seems like the hero Heracles.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 09:15:27 »
That caption is puzzling, but they are lovely customs!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 17:33:19 »
The gold and white always makes a great combo. There have been a number of wonderful customs out there in that theme.

Offline Macruran

• Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 19:39:14 »
Taking the two clues in the cryptic text - "taiwan" and "amon" - I dug deeper and found this guy's fb: here's his PM album: https://www.facebook.com/amon.lin/media_set?set=a.4084775174540.1073741855.1737451667&type=3 Plenty to see there.

He's also got a flickr, though unfortunately it's not sorted by subject so I've only seen his PM pics there through a flickr republisher, here: https://hiveminer.com/Tags/amon%2Cplaymobil/Timeline The "display frames" are a pretty neat idea I've not seen anywhere else.

Most surprising though is his other pictures of the god group. There are a couple more klickies in the series, and one picture even identifies them. Klickteryx, you may be somewhat surprised....

Heracles is Cupid! Mercury is Hemera! And Poseidon doesn't have the trident anymore, because he's...Aether!

:lol: :lol:

I'm guessing this is a Taiwanese interpretation of Greek gods, and if I did an interpretation of Chinese gods it would be similarly unique! (Though not as visually impressive - I'm not this creative!  :D )

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 20:41:04 »
Thanks for chasing that one further, Macruran. Interesting non-traditional take on the Roman Pantheon, or part of it.

Plenty to see there.
... if you have a Facebook account! Quite a few people round here have been deleting their FB accounts, almost as many as have given up plastics in their life....
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Macruran

• Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 20:54:19 »
Thanks for chasing that one further, Macruran. Interesting non-traditional take on the Roman Pantheon, or part of it.
... if you have a Facebook account! Quite a few people round here have been deleting their FB accounts,

I've only got one with a fake name and two people on it who insist I keep it...useful for things like this too. You have my respect for extricating yourself from the Beast!

There are some pretty cool pics there though, I should clip and repost some of them.

almost as many as have given up plastics in their life....
:lol: Until klickies are made of grass and wheatgerm I don't think I'll manage to do that!  :D

Offline Basie10

• It's ok :)
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 05:58:09 »
Wow - they look great.  I love gold on klickies.

Online Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 06:02:57 »
Yes, a different and random take on the Roman pantheon. Neptunus is still most known by his trident which is absent here. Hermera is female and represents daytime, Nox is also female and represents night.

They make for a nice collection regardless of their accuracy.
The sparkling torso works for Neptune or Aether, nice use of a classic klicky torso. Trying saying that really fast several times. 8}

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 08:38:40 »
That really fast, that really fast, that really fast.
Quite easy, really.