Author Topic: advice on posting photos from iPad  (Read 1692 times)

Offline tenni

• Playmo Fanatic
advice on posting photos from iPad
« on: February 09, 2013, 17:14:56 »
Is anyone using an iPad, iPod touch or iPhone to post photos here? I have many new sets that I want to post photos of, but the process of taking the pictures with my camera, loading to iPhoto, uploading to Photobucket (takes FOREVER on my computer, for some reason), resizing, and then posting to the forum just hasn't happened. I bet I'd post pics more often if the process took fewer steps.

Any advice is appreciated!  :wave:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: advice on posting photos from iPad
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 18:11:27 »
I've done it from my iPhone. To upload to pb, i go in through the photobucket app, choose existing, then camera roll and select what to upload. When going in through the camera I can't seem to share to photobucket.

Decided to do this through my iPhone to test it, since I hadn't actually posted one from it before. In photo bucket, select the picture, then hit the i to get the img code to come up, tap to copy, then hold down to paste here. Haven't tried resizing through the iPhone.

My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 18:55:28 »
Considering how long it takes to open photobucket, find the pic, get the IMG code, leave photobucket, open the PF page on Safari, and paste the code, with an iPhone in 3g. I still prefer to use my computer. Maybe it is faster on an iPad with Wi-Fi. Never tried. Just my two cents!
Life in the so called space age...

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 19:30:17 »
Yeah, I prefer using my laptop too. Much easier!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tenni

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 21:50:12 »
Thanks for the hints and advice!! I will give the iPad a test run and time it against my laptop and desktop. And, from your feedback it occurs to me to try snapping the photos with my laptop camera to see how that works.

Thanks again!!  ;D