Author Topic: Sorry I'm late ...  (Read 64706 times)

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
Re: Sorry I'm late ...
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2005, 18:51:55 »
Hello, Diana ...

I would love to share my "adventures" ... But, is that permitted here in the "welcome" forum?

That type of info would be great in the NPZ forum. There is a board for "Families and Hobbies" where travel adventures would fit just great. :)
They can even be Klicky free until your little guys get settled.

We are also totally renovating our home in the Virgin Islands (which should take a year or so to finish).

If you need any help on that just send me a plane ticket and I'll fly right down. ;)

Please let me know what the "rules" are here at Playmofriends, as I want to be a "law abiding" member ... ;)

The PlaymoFriends Member Guidelines are located in News as are General Info (FAQs) for Members. I hope this helps. :)

Update: Guidelines and FAQs are now in "Welcome" to make them easier to find.  The above links should still work though. :)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 22:27:47 by Psyche »
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2005, 19:25:39 »
That was an interesting thread on your new avatar, Richard.  Thank you for giving us the background to it.

At first, I thought the one based on the Confederate soldier was very elegant and a possible winner, but the one you have is certainly the best - quite astounding.

It's nice to hear, too, that Cap'n Henry is still flourishing.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline David

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2005, 21:41:55 »
Aha! King Richard exposed!  Thank you Richard. I´m pleased you showed that thread with the series of customs by Cap´n Henry. He was really inspired.  So many first class customs together is a rare sight.

Guarrenzino

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2005, 22:53:54 »
Hi there, Richard!

I have to agree with everyone else, your avatar looks great. That shield is one of my favorites.

Thanks, Robbie ...

Cap'n Henry really did a fantastic job of customizing!

That was an interesting thread on your new avatar, Richard.  Thank you for giving us the background to it.

At first, I thought the one based on the Confederate soldier was very elegant and a possible winner, but the one you have is certainly the best - quite astounding.

It's nice to hear, too, that Cap'n Henry is still flourishing.

I'm pleased that you visited the GW-PC forum, Gordon, and that you enjoyed seeing all of Cap'n Henry's great custom avatars. I also liked the Confederate soldier. It was a difficult choice, but somehow "Richard the Lionheart" just seemed to fit ... ;)

Aha! King Richard exposed!  Thank you Richard. I´m pleased you showed that thread with the series of customs by Cap´n Henry. He was really inspired.  So many first class customs together is a rare sight.

Guarrenzino

No question about it David ... Our friend Capitan Enrique is quite a talented customizer. I wonder what would happen if we ever turned him loose with some Milliput? ... :lol:

Thanks everyone and all the best,
Richard

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2005, 23:09:33 »
The PlaymoFriends Member Guidelines are located in News as are General Info (FAQs) for Members. I hope this helps. :)

Update: Guidelines and FAQs are now in "Welcome" to make them easier to find.  The above links should still work though. :)

Hmmm ... Thanks, Diana ...

Doesn't look like there's any excuse for my not being a "law abiding" member here at Playmofriends ... ;)

That type of info would be great in the NPZ forum. There is a board for "Families and Hobbies" where travel adventures would fit just great. :)
They can even be Klicky free until your little guys get settled.

I think that I might wait, so that I can include some appropriate Klickys with my travel photos ... :)

If you need any help on that just send me a plane ticket and I'll fly right down. ;)
Actually, the plane fare from SEA to FLL is fairly inexpensive ... And, beginning the 15th December, Spirit Airlines has an incredibly low fare from FLL to STT. So, please tell me about your construction experience ... ;)

BTW ... A separate Playmo-Room for the St,Thomas house (Villarisa) is included in the plans ...

All the best,
Richard

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2005, 23:56:20 »
Would you adopt me?  ;)  :P  ;D  I come with all the green chile you can eat  ;D
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2005, 00:15:35 »
Would you adopt me?  ;)  :P  ;D  I come with all the green chile you can eat  ;D
Green chiles? I remember peeling those darn things. Just about took the skin off my fingers.

Living in Texas for so long has made me a jalapeño kinda guy.

But, mojitos? Now that's something we might want to talk about. (Yes, I'm working my way through all the threads ... ;) )

BTW, Serenity ...  What would your new hubby have to say about your putting yourself up for adoption? ... :lol:

Perhaps a better idea might be ... Maybe we could all get together in a year or so down in the Virgin Islands for a big Playmofriends get together ... Whatcha think?

All the best,
Richard

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2005, 00:43:45 »
And, beginning the 15th December, Spirit Airlines has an incredibly low fare from FLL to STT. So, please tell me about your construction experience ... ;)

Well there were numerous rafts I built with my cousin David and some actually floated! And I helped my Grampa build his house on his ranch but I mostly was allowed to pull out bent nails and call 911 when he drove the back hoe into the unfinished basement! (Hey, that was an important job.) I've built (and mended) countless fences and renovated an old barn for a horse. Then there's system X.... ;)

BTW ... A separate Playmo-Room for the St,Thomas house (Villarisa) is included in the plans ...

A cot on the floor of this room is just fine! :)

BTW, Serenity ...  What would your new hubby have to say about your putting yourself up for adoption? ... :lol:

Serenity has a new husband??? What did she do with the old one??

Perhaps a better idea might be ... Maybe we could all get together in a year or so down in the Virgin Islands for a big Playmofriends get together ... Whatcha think?

Now your talkin! I'm packing my sun lotion, floppy beach hat and my beach klickies so I'm ready to roll! :D

Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2005, 01:43:55 »

That works! :D   In fact, in 2008 we're hoping to be out that way to renew our vows ... so, we have to scout locations, yes? D  You are all, of course, invited (I can't think of a better counterpoint to our families ;) )

(Hubby wouldn't mind, we're kind of a package deal ;) It was adoption after all  :P )
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 01:48:47 by Serenity »
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2005, 02:21:08 »
... I mostly was allowed to pull out bent nails and call 911 when he drove the back hoe into the unfinished basement! (Hey, that was an important job.) I've built (and mended) countless fences and renovated an old barn for a horse. Then there's system X.... ;)

Hmmm ... I was getting a bit concerned until I got to the System X part. Sounds like you're qualified, Diana ... ;)  (Do you also do Steck?) ... :)