Author Topic: The Confessions of a Playmobil Wrecker  (Read 10982 times)

Offline David

• Playmo Fanatic
The Confessions of a Playmobil Wrecker
« on: November 12, 2005, 07:27:09 »
 Hello, here is my confession.. 
                  I`m a British ex pat living at `the source´ aka Germany.
 I´ve been lucky, we started buying Playmobil for my daughter almost twenty years ago. First small sets from the  Freetime and Wintertime  themes.
               Then, so at not to push the poor girl into a typical female role, but allow her to explore the world openly , I bought her a posse of cowboys, a tribe of Indians and a troop of U.S. Cavalry, western train (which she stepped on), a castle and a pirate ship. My wife began to wonder if my daughter`s world  wasn`t becoming too adventurous, so I was forced to buy her a half-timbered house or two.
By this time I had to admit that, at the end of the day, all said and done, yes,maybe, I did rather like Playmobil myself!!  Besides I had a son by then, who didn`t have a knight or a pirate to his name :o Yes, I´m was a rotten father, but I made amends, believe me! ;) There`s hardly a knight or pirate that he didn`t have. ! say didn´t, because one day he bought himself an electric guitar and I haven´t seen him since; although I do hear him.  His Playmo was given to his younger brother, well, most of it. I squirreled away some ... because it was too old.

One of my hobbies at the time was painting modal soldiers and I experimented on Playmobil. I was quite impressed, they looked fun. I entered a collectobil competition and won a prize. :o
 At the same time I discovered gardenwargaming.com and how to take klickies apart. This was a major breakthrough and in a short time I had reduced a lot of figures to a pile of junk, or customs to some.
    Richard of Gardenwargaming contacted me and I began showing my customs , with others, on his site.  So far my collection of Playmobil was, more or less, intact and growing; then I met our leader Sylvia
    After a few weeks of  slinging, more or less, humourous mails at one another, we decided to start a website for Playmostories. justforklicks.com
  That was the downfall of my collection. Nothing destroys a collection of Playmobil faster than dioramas. Pieces were taken from every set imaginable for a photograph or two , then when the clicking was over, not always returned to their original place. And, do you know, I don`t care! I´m having more fun with my Playmo than ever . At the moment I´m buying the the new Fairytale Castle theme with an eye to the1001 Nights.

I´m delighted to be here with you all at this new forum, and would like to thank my co-founders Sylvia, Diana, Meg and Serenity for the huge amount of work they put into the site. So, let`s enjoy it together!

Guarrenzino aka de Warrens aka David

« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 11:39:33 by Sylvia »

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Re: The Comfessions of a Playmobil Wrecker
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 09:46:22 »
Hello  David

Thank you for all your hard work on the new site it is very much appreciated  :)9. Your introduction made very interesting reading as i never did get to know you very well before  :(. I am looking forward to seeing your work as i have allways been a fan, thank you again.

Regards  Tim   :)

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 09:46:47 »
I've seen a lot of your work and you are very skilled. I'm glad you are in this forum  :)

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 14:14:24 »
Ah Gaurrenzino! Must you blame the little ones for your downfall?  ;)  ;D (Although I must admit I cringed with your little girl stepped on the train! Poor train...I mean poor kid!)

Having been a fan of Just 4 Klicks for ages I'm both pleased and proud to have gotten to know you better and to get to work (and play) with you here at this new forum! Keep enjoying wrecking Playmo and I'll keep stealing your ideas ok?  >:D  :P  8-)

P.S. I do love your new "persona"...a very dashing avatar you have there!  :love:
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 17:17:45 »
hi David,
I am impressed that after a phto story you dont have to return every piece to its original set.
I dont think I am there yet.

I have also been a fan of J4K and look forward to new chapters to the stories.

The combination of Sylvia and you have made a great story telling team.
your customs are amazing

You did a lot of work, too.
You always had the hottub on, and the refreshments ready and waiting ;)
I am glad that we have become friends.

Meg

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 06:01:34 »
Hey David,

The new avatar is really impressive!  8-)

Robbie

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
Re: The Confessions of a Playmobil Wrecker
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 18:37:49 »
Hi David,

So what's your part in all this then?

As you probably know already I'm a huge fan of your work and hope to see you post lots of your customs here.

Garry.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 18:44:57 »
He was moral support, added humor, kept the hot tub warm, and kept filling us with intoxicants, and food whenever they were needed  ;)

He made sure that the task was completed without anyone having a major breakdown

We are indebted to him

We have even been teaching him out to use the buttons

Offline David

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 20:03:27 »
He was moral support, added humor, kept the hot tub warm, and kept filling us with intoxicants, and food whenever they were needed  ;)

He made sure that the task was completed without anyone having a major breakdown

We are indebted to him

We have even been teaching him out to use the buttons

Yes, every word is true and I´m indebted to Meg, Diana, Sylvia and Serenity for all the fun we had. I miss the hot tub 

Thanks for the kind words everyone :D :lol: ;D :wave:

Garry I´ll be showing some of my customs very soon .
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 20:14:47 by Guarrenzino »

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 20:34:51 »
 Wow! Big Bold Blue Moving Text! You've come a long way David!

As Meg notes, he's our inspiration. In charge of customs, confidence building, and comfort! Sort of a Father Confessor/Gigalo!  ;D :wow: :**:
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS