Author Topic: Welcome from the Mid West (US)  (Read 7762 times)

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
Welcome from the Mid West (US)
« on: November 10, 2005, 18:33:04 »
Hi,
Meg is my nickname, ever since I was little.  It fits me nicely.  (I am NOT a Meghan, as that name didnt become popular until about 10 yrs after I was born.  :P )

I have lived in Madison, WI since about 1982  (The years prior to that I was a student at the University and didnt qualify as a state resident)
I grew up in a suburb of Rochester, NY.  Our home was about 5 miles away from Lake Ontario.

I am married, and have one daughter, Zina, who is 13.

I stumbled onto Playmobil several years ago when other friends introduced me to the toy.  Their daughters were a bit older than Zina.  I bought alot of 1*2*3 items when Zina was a toddler, and the line was very new.  Then, I bought her the Victorian dollhouse when she was about 6 or 7, along with many of the room sets to go with it.
I became a fan of Playmobil, when I started researching what other Victorian sets there were, and noticed how incomplete my collection was.  Our house has never been the same.   8}

I have tried very hard NOT to stray into too many themes, but it is nearly impossible.
I would list the themes that I enjoy, but it would include just about everything.
My husband does not understand the collector in me.  :hmm:

For a reality check, I tutor children in Math.  I like doing it, and think I am pretty good at it, too.

I have also gone by the pseudonym of LadyM in other cyber neighborhoods.

I have been happy to help Sylvia, G, Psyche and Serenity in the establishment of this site.  I hope all of you come to enjoy it as well.

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
Re: Welcome from the Mid West (US)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 02:46:47 »
Meg? I knew a Meg once...cute chick with a super Playmo collection...could you be her?  A bit of a Ninja as I recall... :wave:

Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 04:27:05 »
that was a younger incarnation

Zina had to do the rainbow text for me when she should be doing her math homework
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 13:01:10 by Meg »

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 05:12:53 »
Well done Zina! Can I get you to do my important correspondance?  :D
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 16:14:48 »
.... Then, I bought her the Victorian dollhouse when she was about 6 or 7, along with many of the room sets to go with it.
I became a fan of Playmobil, when I started researching what other Victorian sets there were, and noticed how incomplete my collection was.  Our house has never been the same.   8}

This sounds a lot like how I became hooked, as it was the Victorian range that started me collecting and researching. I'd known of Playmobil for a few years before my daughter was born, but it wasn't until we bought her the Victorian Dollhouse for Christmas one year that my interest really grew. :)

Zina had to do the rainbow text for me when she should be doing her math homework

Wow! I love it! :D A lot of work, but the effect was worth it! 8-)

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 17:37:34 »
She's a talented young lady!

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 17:55:16 »
She didnt do the work
She used the following website
It makes it much easier

http://www.tektek.org/~/color.php

just testing various buttons

I wonder what this does

Heres the final test - for random colors

I am getting pretty good at using this

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 23:01:20 »
You know how to use colours all right  :) Welcome!!

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2005, 02:18:12 »
You know how to use colours all right  :) Welcome!!

Next year we will let her go to "big kid" school!  :P

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2005, 09:51:29 »
Hello  Meg

Thank you for all your hard work on the new site it is very much appreciated  :)9. I am really glad to see you here, thank you for your introduction  :).

Regards  Tim  :)

(28/5/03/850)