Author Topic: New stuff 2019  (Read 20672 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: New stuff 2019
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2019, 21:53:32 »
I saw the pics on klickywelt, and I don't need hi res pics to see they entirely ruined the knights theme. The promo text says that the knights theme has been in Children's bedrooms for 45 years and that this year, the knights theme is the most spectacular of all time. Well, the people at Georba who announce this type of bragging marketing nonsense clearly don't know a thing about the Playmobil knights theme when you see the designs of these Fisher Price castles. Waste of time, waste of money, I stay in the second hand and DS market.

x2

Probably a few nice new klickies and accessories in these new sets, that´s about it.
Hopefully they won´t classify the klickies & parts which they expect to be highly wanted as "unavailable" for parts orders - as they sometimes do lately - so that one would have to buy a 100 - 150 euro crap-castle to get a single figure or part.
They should have created a seperate Fantasy Theme instead of deleting the entire classic / historical knights.

For people who are into the historical themes, good times are gone.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2019, 22:03:44 »
Looks like a sewing machine in the new dollhouse series, and a glider swing. Both great additions I think.
Only thing I noticed in the knights is the bishop's crook in brown.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2019, 09:13:55 »
For people who are into the historical themes, good times are gone.

You're wrong there. The good thing about history is that there is more of it each passing day! >:D

I'm quietly confident about the new "knights". With two new large "castles", there is bound to be lots of interesting new parts. Let's just wait for better pictures.

Best wishes
StJohn 

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2019, 13:44:32 »
You're wrong there. The good thing about history is that there is more of it each passing day! >:D

I'm quietly confident about the new "knights". With two new large "castles", there is bound to be lots of interesting new parts. Let's just wait for better pictures.

Best wishes
StJohn

No more Victorian Theme, since a long time.
No more Western Theme, with the exception of an occasional limited edition release and/or a special
No more Ancient (Roman/Egyptian) Theme
A very dumbed down and partly discontinued Pirates Theme, with not a single English or French soldier anymore.
A new Medieval Knights Theme that purely reflects SF & Fantasy battles and with nothing civilian in.
Wow, we should jump from joy that those 2 new "castles" will probably contain a few nice figures or accessories?

Once one could buy a 3666 castle and be excited about the castle itself as it came and all the klickies and stuff that came with it in the box, without having to technically alter walls to be able to build something else with it.
Once one could buy a realistic looking 3940 (big) Pirates Flagship, it came with a gundeck below where you could put 8 functional cannons, a nice captain hut with real windows below the quarterdeck, good colours, quality stickers, etc. It could be used as a trading galleon or a Navy frigate with only changing out some flags.
Even when they switched to System-X, one could buy f.e. a 3112 Harbour Prison Fortress and be very happy with it, and buy more of the same set to design & build a much larger fortress.
Plastic was thick and almost unbreakable.

Now they replace the entire medieval theme(s) with some small SF/Fantasy-looking "castles" that are made from extremely large (and ever thinner) wallparts and out of which one can´t build anything else, except when he or she has craftsmanskills to technically alter those parts.
Good luck with trying to build a large complex fortress, or even a simple wall around a Medieval city, out of the parts from these new castles. Good luck with using today´s blue or pink coloured dollhouse-façade as an 18th-century Governour´s Mansion for a Carribean Island harbour-city.

With the old(er) Playmobil buildings, figures, ships, wagons, etc. & etc. one could realistically and with great detail recreate an entire panaroma of historical cities and life from the Classic Civilisations, through the Dark Ages, the Medieval Centuries & the Renaissance all the way up to the Victorian Age. That is entirely impossible with what they release these days.

And then you say I´m wrong that the Good Days are gone? Where have you been the past decades?

And yes, children are not interested in History anymore and prefer Fantasy, "smart"phones, fast (volatile) stuff.
There was a survey in Belgium a few weeks ago, most of children aged around 12-14 don´t even know who Moses was. Julius Caesar, never heard of. Napoleon? That´s that gamble-provider, right?
When people forget about history, then they´ll make the same (severe) (historical) mistakes their ancestors did.

When I was a kid, I went to school, learned about history or life in general, and replayed / recreated that at home with my Playmo.
And though I don´t go to school anymore since several decades, today I still love to recreate historical life at home with my Playmo.
But I´m getting "old" (47 next month) and to me it seems a lot of folks are too busy swiping their dumbphones and have forgotten about the "Dark Ages" (the 1930s included).
Have they meanwhile noticed that China is doing an enormous military modernisation & build-up like Japan did in the 1930s and will soon be challenging the world and the US in particular for domination of the Pacific and it´s global, strategically important trade-routes? No.
Have they meanwhile noticed that China is at the same time also investing greatly in acquiring strategically important infrastructure & econnomic assets in Europe and Africa? No.
Have they noticed the growing "populistic" political influences in the West, somewhat similar to the 1930s? No.
Have they  noticed that everything they do is being monitored, tracked and stored (by f.e. Zoogle and people like Zuckerberg), a plethora of personal data that is then sold on to governments and corporations? No.

Fantasy is great, but when you have nothing else it makes you dumb as hell.
History is great, it lets you understand the world and see how things work and how they are connected, but be carefull, if you do too much research and see/understand too much,  it makes you frustrated, like me.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 09:53:23 by GrahamB »

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2019, 19:44:34 »
When people forget about history, then they´ll make the same (severe) (historical) mistakes their ancestors did.

To be fair, back when people did learn history, they still made severe mistakes.

Anyone got pics of the new knight theme? Klickywelt is a big site.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2019, 19:49:54 »

Same link...

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2019, 19:52:49 »

Our friends of amclicks shared them as well: http://amclicks.org/foro/novedades-playmobil/novedades-alemania-agosto-septiembre-2019/?PHPSESSID=05rf3cgq56ntulm08apte8e7i4

Some of the pictures are taken from the new customers catalogue, which is available in German shops already. I guess the online version will appear next week. I will keep an eye on that!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2019, 19:58:07 »
 :thanks: :)9
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2019, 20:03:00 »
To be fair, back when people did learn history, they still made severe mistakes.

True. Making (severe) mistakes is human, and idiocy & dementia (and many more gracious characteristics) are probably also. So history often repeats itself.

In case you´re browsing Klickywelt and want to see the pics overthere, you can find them at:
Foren-Übersicht --> Playmobil Fakten & Themenwelten --> Playmobil Neuheiten --> topic "Neuheiten  / Auslaufartikel 2019 mit ersten Katalogbildern ab Seite 5".
In that topic, the pics are being posted starting at page 5.

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2019, 20:06:39 »
Our friends of amclicks shared them as well: http://amclicks.org/foro/novedades-playmobil/novedades-alemania-agosto-septiembre-2019/?PHPSESSID=05rf3cgq56ntulm08apte8e7i4

At the time I´m writing this, there are a lot more pics in the topic on Klickywelt then in the topic you linked to at amclicks...