Author Topic: I thought this was worth a picture...  (Read 1693 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
I thought this was worth a picture...
« on: August 19, 2017, 21:10:17 »
When I was at the Supermarket recently, I saw something unusual. As I didn't have a camera handy, I went home and recreated the scene in Playmobil!

The old guy had finished his shopping, walked over to his tractor parked in the carpark, then unloaded everything from the shopping trolley onto a platform contraption on the back of his tractor. Great! I have never seen someone going for a shop on a tractor before! This sort of thing may be commonplace in many parts of the world, but UK suburbia, no.

PS The tractor I used in the picture is from 3500, released in 1978. I bet the real-life tractor in the car park was a similar age! Hat, beard and dungarees (I think) also matched the real guy.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: I thought this was worth a picture...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 21:36:47 »
Thanks for recreating the scene so well, Graham.  Clearly the man is a keen Playmobil fan living it for real.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 23:35:43 »
UK suburbia

Very unusual indeed!!  8} 8}
Maybe he ploughs his field with his Mercedes?

Clearly the man is a keen Playmobil fan living it for real.

:lol:

Luckily for his co-citizens he is not into the Pirates Theme  ;)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 06:35:24 »
It's a new twist on the "Chelsea tractor"!   :)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 07:16:13 »
Nice, very nice! Great picture and great tractor (I loved it as a child).

Awesome how a few lines on the worktop and a suitable background colour create such a vivid atmosphere. Helped of course with the right kind of PM. Masterful.

I like it very much how the blue car is blocking the red one's path. So realistic.

Many thanks and best wishes
StJohn

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 08:42:07 »
The blue one is driving away (it is remote controlled, hence driverless  :doh: i.e. I forgot to put a driver in!)
In real life, the guy had parked his tractor in two adjacent bays in a quiet corner of the car park, but I thought I needed more vehicles to make it look more car-parky.

This was in Evesham, a town surrounded by agricultural land, so it probably happens more often there than in my suburbia!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 09:51:43 »
That looks great!
(odd situation, yes, but wonderfully playmodepicted ;D )

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2017, 16:46:07 »
Hilariously depicted! Nice job!  :lol:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 17:51:59 »
Thanks guys!

playmodepicted

What a great word, Tahra!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 18:49:35 »