Author Topic: Novelties 2019!  (Read 25286 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Novelties 2019!
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2018, 06:00:37 »
I guess it's a remote controlled pirate ship, with sails and a built-in motor.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2018, 08:51:28 »
Is her hair Leonora's?

That purple hair in 70006 looks like what Heather has called 'classic female, updated' in PlaymoDB. see here New colour, though!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2018, 15:20:02 »
That purple hair in 70006 looks like what Heather has called 'classic female, updated' in PlaymoDB.

Well, yes, the purple hair is most definitely that one..

But I mean the weird blonde one...

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2018, 17:41:02 »
Yeah it looks like Leonora or Alex hair in fluorescent yellow

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2018, 21:12:26 »
I guess it's a remote controlled pirate ship, with sails and a built-in motor.

I strongly think the "new pirate ship" will just be ONCE AGAIN the schooner-variant with the redbrown hull and red sails, this time maybe with the remote controlled motor; the 3 pirate-klickies that came with this ship are AGAIN showing up since a while with some maltese & spanish sellers that usually have new klickies & parts on offer several months before a set is even released.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline kenc

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2018, 09:36:47 »
3 points:

1. the police Porsche: sounds nice for adding to my youngest son's PM Porsche collection.
2. bring back steck, enhance it.
3. Geobra, continue designing like this to survive on the toy market, but please make the split between children's and adult market like Lego does, and give us some very nice medieval or other historical sets (enhanced Steck or real System-X)

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2018, 19:16:38 »
I had expected the core Knights Theme would get an overhaul with renewed sets, the last one was in 2014 (iirc).
The main historical themes used to get updated after 4 years, the Pirates Theme would then normally be next in 2020.
Seems this is no longer the case... ?

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2018, 19:19:59 »
I see the new version of the Western diligence (stagecoach) is equipped with 2nd generation horses, while the Western sets (including the covered wagon) from just a few years ago came with the lastest 3rd generation horses...

Edit: Oops, this post should be in the novelties for 2nd half 2018 thread  :-[

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2018, 02:26:51 »
I had expected the core Knights Theme would get an overhaul with renewed sets, the last one was in 2014 (iirc).
The main historical themes used to get updated after 4 years, the Pirates Theme would then normally be next in 2020.
Seems this is no longer the case... ?

Dwarves and trolls are the new sets. Knights is going fantasy. I don't mind that, but I hope they keep the actual knights theme going too. What I'd actually like to see is a Dungeon's and Dragons type fantasy theme with human medieval type characters and settings and non-humans like dwarves and orcs. Soldiers, adventurer parties, monsters, marketplace etc. As they don't seem to be interested in actual medieval history then fantasy that includes medieval type stuff is the best alternative as it has more flexibility, more potential customers.

You could even have elves with pointy ears. The ears could attach using the beard gaps with hair being elf specific to go around the ears or the ears and hair could be one piece but two colours.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2018, 02:33:31 »
Well, yes, the purple hair is most definitely that one..

But I mean the weird blonde one...
Yes, well spotted, it does look like Leonora's. Interesting print on the visors too. I really like these sci-fi sets though I'm trying to restrict myself to my core theme - for space reasons if nothing else.