Author Topic: about posting pictures  (Read 11714 times)

Offline matchboxluc

• custom master
  • Playmo Lover
  • seventies lover
about posting pictures
« on: November 22, 2005, 18:58:54 »
Hi,

I noticed something when I wanted to post several pictures in one post: when I saw that post in the thread, only one picture showed up. I'm certain that the file size of the individual pics was well below the maximum, so what could be the cause?
phantasy is in the mind, realisation is in my hands!

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: about posting pictures
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 20:11:32 »
I know this might sound like a daft question, but did you remember to click the [more attachments] link which opens the extra attachment fields?

When I first tried to post multiple pics, I completely forgot about this and kept using the same input field for each different pic. Took me a little while to work out what I was doing wrong. :-[

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 20:20:27 »
If you try to post a pic which by itself exceeds the limit or a number of pics which together exceed the limit, you get an error message and nothing, text or pics, posted.  (Thus speaks the voice of experience! ::)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline matchboxluc

• custom master
  • Playmo Lover
  • seventies lover
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 20:35:26 »
When I was uploading more pictures I did use the separate browsing fields, but only one picture showed up in the actual post. I could make a test post to see if it is still like this...

Offline matchboxluc

• custom master
  • Playmo Lover
  • seventies lover
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 20:37:35 »
testing...

Offline matchboxluc

• custom master
  • Playmo Lover
  • seventies lover
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 20:39:30 »
I did upload 3 pictures using the correct method (clicking the more attachments button), but again only one is visible >:( (only the first picture)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 22:17:33 »
Hi MBL

Can you please tell me the file sizes of the other two pictures you tried to upload on the same post?
It seems very odd that it won't allow you to attach more than one at a time. :(

I've noticed one thing, but I don't think it's relevant to your problem...

Sometimes if you try to modify an existing post (eg. by adding extra pics where you only had a single one) it won't allow you to do this before you have deleted all of them and pressed "Save". You can then usually re-open the post and attach all the pics you want to, as long as they don't exceed the pre-set limits. I think it's because it doesn't register the sizes of the files attached to the post properly unless you delete them all and begin again. :hmm:

Offline matchboxluc

• custom master
  • Playmo Lover
  • seventies lover
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 04:52:03 »
Can you please tell me the file sizes of the other two pictures you tried to upload on the same post?
It seems very odd that it won't allow you to attach more than one at a time. :(
The size of picture 2 was around 76 kb and picture 3 was around 65 kb; pretty average I would say....

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 06:53:24 »
Sounds quite normal.
I'll look into it today and see if I can find out a possible cause for the problem.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 21:52:26 »
I'm still stumped about this, MBL. :(
I searched the SMF forum to see if anyone had encountered this before and couldn't find anything. ???

Since no-one else has indicated they have the same problem, we have to try and look at why this happens to you but not them. Please tell me which browser you are using and whether you receive any error messages at all when trying to post the multiple attachments, and I will post a new topic at the SMF support forum to see if they can help provide a solution to this.