Author Topic: Where to post about store finds/sales?  (Read 5310 times)

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
Where to post about store finds/sales?
« on: November 19, 2005, 22:51:51 »
Hey,
I was just about to post about some store findings/sales that I noticed while out shopping today, but I'm not sure of the appropriate place to post about this. Is it News or Trade/Wanted?

Thanks in advance,
Robbie

Offline Red

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Proud mommy of M and G!
Re: Where to post about store finds/sales?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 23:12:33 »
Robbie,

There is a section for this... but it only becomes visible once you have 25 posts. I think the faq explains this... but the basic idea was to discourage people from joining just to post an ad. Not that you are posting an ad, but that was the idea. I'll let Sylvia or one of the mods weigh in further.

Red
One half the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other. - Jane Austen

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 23:56:15 »
Hi Robbie  :)

I know this rule is a little inconvenient, especially as the news you wish to share would probably benefit the other members. :(
Here's the explanation in the FAQ that Red is referring to:  Buying and selling

It mostly mentions auctions, but it is supposed to cover all buying/selling related topics. Maybe I should reword it so that it's clearer. :-\

The restriction based on post count is an experimental thing as I don't think it has been tried on any other Playmobil forum before. I'm hoping it will help us avoid the need for excessive moderation in this area, and in the long run give members the freedom to share any news they have about their own sales without fear of reproach or being forced to ask permission first. ;)

By making the shopping board "invisible" to guests and newer members, it perhaps makes the forum less inviting to retailers who are only looking for a place to advertise their wares. I hope you understand why we've created this guideline and are not too disappointed at having to wait a little longer before posting your shopping topic. :)

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 00:01:58 »
Sylvia,
Its no problem at all. ;)

I might learn to read directions from now on, lol....maybe. :D ;)

Robbie

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 00:05:45 »
Hey, Robbie...just a few more post and you are there! (I think I'm as anxious to see as you are too post!  :yup: )
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 00:17:26 »
Yep, maybe there'll be some items of interest. I'm just excited there are actually some Playmobil items in Mississippi....and I don't even like newer sets at all.  >:D

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 01:38:48 »
Psst...Robbie? Don't look now but your looking pretty enthusiastic. ;)
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS