Author Topic: creating photo album  (Read 5543 times)

Offline matchboxluc

• custom master
  • Playmo Lover
  • seventies lover
creating photo album
« on: November 18, 2005, 21:20:41 »
Hi,

I want to make a photo album, but I haven't got a clue how to upload any pictures; I tried but I'm apparently unable to do so. How does it work?
phantasy is in the mind, realisation is in my hands!

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: creating photo album
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 21:44:14 »
Hi Jean-Luc  :)

I just checked the "Coppermine" settings and discovered the option "Users can have private albums" was not enabled. :( This is a mystery to me since I know I fixed it over a week ago when David told me he couldn't create an album. For some reason it had defaulted back to the earlier setting.  Maybe it backed up after a server outage to an earlier version saved in the database. :-\ Sorry I didn't spot this sooner.

After you've logged in you should see a small grey button called Create/order my albums just above the Category section. Click this to open the "Album Manager" page. Click "New" and then type the name of your album in the white screen. I think the rest is fairly self-explanatory, but if you need further help, please let me know. :)

Offline matchboxluc

• custom master
  • Playmo Lover
  • seventies lover
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 06:38:30 »
After you've logged in you should see a small grey button called Create/order my albums just above the Category section.
Hi,

I logged out and in again to be sure, but there is no such button visible... :(

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 13:39:33 »
Ok, I think I've determined the cause of the problem. :)

You need to select a different mode from the navigation area at the top of the Photo Album page before you will be able to create albums and upload files. Full instructions for doing this can be found in the topic I just created: How to use the PlaymoFriends "Photo Album"

Hope this helps!

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 17:59:05 »
I just amended that topic because I noticed you can upload files when in User Mode so long as you have an album to put them into. I think you need to be in Admin Mode if you want to delete any pics though.

Have you been able to get into the Album Manager yet, MBL? I tested it earlier using my non-admin account (possum) and it worked for me. This was after I reconfigured a few things though. :-[

Offline matchboxluc

• custom master
  • Playmo Lover
  • seventies lover
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 18:12:59 »
It appears to be working now :) ; I managed to create an album folder (still empty for now, but it will fill up soon enough ;) )

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 19:44:56 »
Thanks much for the tutorial Sylvia! A kudo for you! :) 
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS