Author Topic: Private Message replies - are they going through?  (Read 5666 times)

Offline Madame X

• Defender of frogs 'n' bunnies 'n' stuff
  • x
  • Playmo Enthusiast
  • Don't even think about despoiling my pond!
Private Message replies - are they going through?
« on: November 16, 2005, 05:45:56 »
I made two replies to pms today, but they don't show in my outbox, so I am wondering if my replies have been received by the original sender?  If you are one of the 2 persons who sent me a pm today, please let me know if you received my reply.  Thanks!   :-*
- Anne   (formerly Indianna)

Offline Red

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Proud mommy of M and G!
Re: Private Message replies - are they going through?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 05:52:57 »
I got a reply from you today Anne.

I think you have to check a box on the pm form to have a copy put into your own outbox. Maybe this is something you can have default to checked by somehow modifying your profile?

Red
One half the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other. - Jane Austen

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 07:56:51 »
Hi Madame X,

If you open the PM box like you are sending a PM you will see a check box at the bottom left that you can check if you want your outgoing PMs saved in your out box.

Also, under preferences the default is to clear out messages older than 14 days. You can reset that to fit your needs as well. Hope this helps. :)
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 09:40:15 »
I thought that I had that option to save sent messages checked by default across the whole forum?  ???

Btw, I don't think that there's a "receipt" or "tracking" system to show if and when messages have been read. I hope it'll be included in a later version of the software.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 11:52:41 »
Btw, I don't think that there's a "receipt" or "tracking" system to show if and when messages have been read.

To follow up on this...

If you look at the messages in your Outbox there is a list at the top of all Sent messages. They automatically have a "read" symbol next to them like this , but I think this only means that they have been read by the sender because I just tested sending one to another user who isn't online and it automatically showed the "read" symbol in my outbox. I'll have to find out more about this. :-\

Good news now :D... I added the "Reply All" button as requested by Red to the Personal Message form. Hopefully this will make life a bit easier for some of you. The only small drawback is it doesn't quote the message you're replying to... but you might find a work around by copying and pasting text if needed.

So far so good... it works and it isn't creating any errors in the forum log (unlike something else on the "Post Reply" template which I still need to fix! :-[)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 12:19:53 by Sylvia »

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 12:19:00 »
Ok, now I'm triple-posting! 8}

I thought that I had that option to save sent messages checked by default across the whole forum?  ???
Must have been confused with something else that I set. ::) Sorry for any confusion.

I've made an amendment to the FAQ and added a picture so people know where to find the default settings for their Personal Messages.

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 18:05:47 »
A wet noodle for the triple post  >:D  but a kudos for the site improvements!  0)  So...all's well. :D  :lol:
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Madame X

• Defender of frogs 'n' bunnies 'n' stuff
  • x
  • Playmo Enthusiast
  • Don't even think about despoiling my pond!
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 19:08:55 »
Thanks to everyone for the responses and the additional info!  Sorry I was so slow to respond - I have been swamped for the last two weeks and also had some computer down-time (related to home "improvement" projects  ::))  so I am trying to get caught up here at Playmofriends (even though I could be taking a nap right now!   :zz:   ;D  )
- Anne   (formerly Indianna)