Author Topic: Western Town (bml87)  (Read 8165 times)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Western Town (bml87)
« on: December 29, 2017, 20:00:03 »
A little background story: Until last Summer I only had the Sheriff's Office (3786), the Snake River Ranch (3805), the Canoe and puma (3875), the Steaming Mary loc (5054) and some Western klickies. Most of the pieces, klickies and animals I always used for my zoo, until I watched the series Deadwood and the movie Wyatt Earp... The idea to create a Western diorama was born! Soon I started to collect more sets; I bought second hand sets, searched for pieces on eBay, travelled to several toy shops in East- and West-Flanders, trying to find the most recent Western sets and F!gures (if still available). To my own surprise I was able to find a lot of the things I wanted in blue boxes! And sometimes I had to be a bit creative, for example; I bought 2 Colorado Spring stations (6462) and ordered some parts from the Direct Service to recreate the Western farm (6410). Still a lot cheaper then buying it on eBay... So recently I was able to finish the most of my diorama, it still needs a finishing touch and some more klickies, but I couldn't wait to share some pictures already! It's not my biggest diorama for sure, but I'm really happy about it!

Welcome:

The town that never rests:

Searching for gold:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 00:32:33 by Pynedor »
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
Re: Western Town (bml87)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 20:00:24 »
Waiting for Steaming Mary:

Where people meet:

Get a drink at the Golden Nugget Saloon (inside pictures are coming soon):
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 00:33:21 by Pynedor »
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 20:00:44 »
Money arrived… But danger is waiting…:

Carefully counting the bags:

Familiar faces?:

« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 00:34:01 by Pynedor »

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 20:01:05 »
Locked in prison:

Entering Snake River Ranch:

Living on the countryside:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 00:34:37 by Pynedor »

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 20:01:42 »
What is all the noise outside?

Trading, my friend?

« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 00:35:14 by Pynedor »

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Western Town
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 20:28:42 »
Wowee, that's a great diorama - lots of action, great detail and excellent composition and viewpoints, and humour.

I especially like the details of the child on the porch on the swing, the goose with its neck through the fence (the grass is always greener on the other side), the dog and puppy on the verandah and the dog sniffing at the prisoner's food.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 22:09:59 »
That is some fantastic stuff
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 23:17:08 »
Great diorama! Nice use of the farm and castle parts in the Saloon build. That's a great solution to make it a two story building.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2017, 11:27:59 »
Wowee, that's a great diorama - lots of action, great detail and excellent composition and viewpoints, and humour.

I especially like the details of the child on the porch on the swing, the goose with its neck through the fence (the grass is always greener on the other side), the dog and puppy on the verandah and the dog sniffing at the prisoner's food.

Thanks playmofire! As I said in my introduction, I even want to add more details and showing more rooms inside. I still have enough pieces to build another Western House, I’m thinking of a city hall with a balcony form which the mayor sees everything happen.

That is some fantastic stuff

Thanks Mad Hatter, I’m glad you like it :)

Great diorama! Nice use of the farm and castle parts in the Saloon build. That's a great solution to make it a two story building.

Thanks Tim! Well, I saw people doing it in various ways, but I think this is the only way you can make a two story Saloon without breaking or manually modify the Playmobil. I have to thank eBay for the parts :-)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 19:04:25 by bml87 »

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2017, 16:25:45 »
That's great :)

Love the use of the castle wood railings on the buildings! I will have to remember that! :love: