Author Topic: Western Town (bml87)  (Read 8174 times)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Re: Western Town (bml87)
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2018, 11:25:59 »
Those are great - like it was said, the detail in each building is amazing. :love:

(I am not sure if mousies under the bed wouldn't disturb the cat's rest... )

The photos are too large for me though - I mean, I need to scroll on each one, making it hard to see them - and can never see it in full. Does it work for everyone else?

Thanks Tahra ;D . My Playmobil cellar is like a meditation room for me (I also don't have any connection there, no wifi, no 4G, ...) and everyday my mind has new ideas.

About the pictures' size, I guess everyone has the same problem. I saw it in other topics as well, when  you link it from imgur or photobucket. I don't know if there's an option in the forum to crop it when you link it?

Anyway, hereby the links to the imgur albums, I will post these links from now on as well:
Album I: https://imgur.com/a/Jk1Ue
Album II: https://imgur.com/a/uny4h
Album III: https://imgur.com/a/hz98g
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2018, 15:07:08 »
Thanks Tahra ;D . My Playmobil cellar is like a meditation room for me (I also don't have any connection there, no wifi, no 4G, ...) and everyday my mind has new ideas.

Sometimes I could use proper internet and a computer around the playmobil...

About the pictures' size, I guess everyone has the same problem. I saw it in other topics as well, when  you link it from imgur or photobucket. I don't know if there's an option in the forum to crop it when you link it?

I resize the pics before uploading them. I don't know if you can resize them when linking..

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2018, 00:15:21 »

I resize the pics before uploading them. I don't know if you can resize them when linking..

You can resize them when linking. Actually, this is what bml87 has been doing. If you look at the code associated with the images in this thread, they include dimensions. The images are sized by putting pixel dimensions in the code thus:

Code: [Select]
[img width=1280 height=960]<address_for_image_goes_here>[/img]
The dimensions in the above code are what most of the pictures in this thread have been posted with. Changing the dimensions (make sure to maintain the aspect ratio) should make them appear smaller.
~Pynedor~

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2018, 02:21:12 »
The photos are too large for me though - I mean, I need to scroll on each one, making it hard to see them - and can never see it in full. Does it work for everyone else?

They're big for me too. It'd be nice to have the recommended image size posted clearly somewhere, maybe on every page. On the other hand, it's nice to have detailed pictures. One trick that works well is to right click and open image in new tab. That way you can see it all unencumbered by commentary.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2018, 08:34:03 »

You can resize them when linking. Actually, this is what bml87 has been doing. If you look at the code associated with the images in this thread, they include dimensions. The images are sized by putting pixel dimensions in the code thus:

The dimensions in the above code are what most of the pictures in this thread have been posted with. Changing the dimensions (make sure to maintain the aspect ratio) should make them appear smaller.

Thanks Pynedor! I will try to chance the ratio in my next post(s) and I will post the links to imgur as well, so everyone can see the details  :)9
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2018, 08:50:44 »

Thanks Pynedor!  Very useful when the pics are not my own!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2018, 09:38:24 »
I have posted a demo of resizing pictures here

At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Corso

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2018, 22:38:28 »
Beautiful! Impressive amount of beautiful figures. Love the pictures and the details. Great!