Author Topic: Caparison Comparison  (Read 15420 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Caparison Comparison
« on: September 23, 2010, 04:25:34 »
Hello, this is a development out of the Winterhaven Tourney. There is some confusion when referring to caparisoned knights.
I am hoping this chart will help provide a reference point. I have numbered each in basically chronological order and given a short description. The description includes the type of caparison - pleated, scalloped, slashed, or the newest plate. It also includes a color or device indication depending on what stands out. I am missing the color knight, I hadn't realized until today that it was out there, so now I will try to search one out. There are some towards the end that I do not have because they are not yet available here, or I am waiting for the latest 2 in this market to go on sale in October. If you know of any I have missed please let me know. This is referring only to caparison - the cloth types and not to barding - the leather strapping types.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 04:36:09 by Tiermann »

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
Re: Caparison Comparison
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 06:05:34 »
Very nice work, Tim!
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 06:41:44 »
Thank you very much for your work Tim! This is just AWESOME. You have such a great collection! I am missing 9 out of the 31 still.

I will start a better announcement thread soon!

We also already know what number 32 will be from this post! Maybe you can already add it!

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 06:43:05 »
 :wow: :wow: :wow:

Great work, Tim :wave:

Damo :)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 08:07:52 »
Tim this is great work!!! Congratulations and thank you for this reference guide!!!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 13:01:23 »

Tim, you have no doubt made a lot of Playmobil Medieval theme collectors very happy with your wonderful charts.

You've done a marvelous job of displaying all of Playmobil's very colorful knights.

And, for those Games Workshop fans of Bretonnia you have shown them what Playmobil can offer!

Thank you very much!

All the best,
Richard

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 13:48:50 »
WOW! That is great Tim, :o
Thank you so much! :wow:
As Richard said,
You have certainly made us Medieval fans happy. ;D
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 14:01:21 »
I just noticed, the Checkered one, number 7,
Does not actually go with that shield.
It goes with the Checkered Shield.
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 17:05:23 »
I remembered Christopher 2 last night in bed. I will add him tonight. You are right WoT, I will get that adjusted and do a new picture. There are probably other errors too. I have mixed things about in the past and am not sure I got them all back as they started. I will fix anything that gets mentioned. It's mainly the horse coats I am looking at here. As you just mentioned number 7 can go with it's original shield, or it can be used with the one I show in this picture - creating 2 possible joust competitors with just one set of horse gear.
I know for certain that the knight on #17 is wrong - for some weird reason that one came with gold body armour and a silver helmet. I hated that so switched out the helmet for a correct colored one. I refuse to change it back  ;)

I will get 24 and 25 in October when they go on sale - only a week and a half away! The others wont be out here for a year. If anyone has #3 the old color one that's now at the top of my wants list. I'm missing the yellow feather for the horse helmet in #2 as well if anyone should have one.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 21:08:02 »
Wonderful picture summary, Tim.  When I see them all like that I feel strongly driven to start collecting knights!  They remind me that many years ago I had a strong interest in heraldry.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”