Author Topic: New member  (Read 1862 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: New member
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 18:21:33 »
Oh that's a shame. The daughter of the MD of the Swansea factory posted a few times on here, years ago, but went quiet soon after. I sent her a Personal Message recently, but got no response either.

I would love to know what they DID in that Swansea factory. Did they have molding machines and so on, or did they just assemble klickies and other parts using pieces manufactured in Germany? That and packaging, marketing, etc. Playpeople klickies are very similar to German klickies from the same era, so I suspect the actual molding process took place in Germany, even for parts unique to Playpeople, like the parts of the old British Bobby.

If you (or anyone else...) could shed light on that, I would be interested to hear! Perhaps I should place a Personal Ad, in the South Wales Evening Post? Gentleman, 82, seeks former employee of Marx Toys, Swansea for klicky-popping sessions and reminiscences about injection molding processes....
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2017, 20:24:49 »
Hi there, a warm welcome from Belgium  :wave:

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2017, 11:31:53 »
A warm welcome from Southern Scotland  :wave:
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Mr Raven

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2017, 12:47:48 »
Welcome from the Netherlands!
When thinking outside the box you make the greatest things happen.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2017, 15:25:25 »
Perhaps I should place a Personal Ad, in the South Wales Evening Post? Gentleman, 82, seeks former employee of Marx Toys, Swansea for klicky-popping sessions and reminiscences about injection molding processes....

:yup:

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 14:42:41 »
A late, but warm welcome from Belgium :) enjoy!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2018, 15:37:34 »
Welcome to another Medieval collector! <*)
~Pynedor~