Author Topic: The Playmobil Movie Main Characters  (Read 6880 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: The Playmobil Movie Main Characters
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2018, 21:34:07 »
As per a Variety report from the French Annecy film festival  :)...

"ON Animation Studios unveiled new details and some footage of Lino Di Salvo’s anticipated “Playmobil: The Movie” during a work-in-progress session at Annecy Animation International Film Festival.

Di Salvo, a Disney veteran who served as head of animation on “Frozen” and was animation supervisor on “Tangled” and “Bolt,” presented “Playmobil” via a recorded video and said the film will be character-driven, trigger emotions and imagination, while the designs will “embrace the simplicity and uniqueness of ‘Playmobil.'”

Unveiled during the session, the plot revolves around twenty-year old Marla who is forced to abandon her carefully structured life to embark on an epic journey to find her young brother Charlie who has disappeared into the vast and wondrous animated world of Playmobil. Blaise Hemingway, Greg Erb and Jason Oremland wrote the script. A portion of the film is in live-action

“The film is an emotional, adventure-filled journey in the veins of ‘Finding Nemo,'” said Julien Bocabeille, the head of animation, who attended the Annecy work-in-progress session with the producer Aton Soumache.

A clip of the movie was shown at the presentation and sparked an enthusiastic reaction from attendees — some of whom applauded the designs, Disney/Pixar quality and the voices.

Soumache, who is producing “Playmobil: The Movie” with Dimitri Rassam at ON Animation Studios, along with Alexis Vonarb and Moritz Borman, told Variety that the movie, which is represented by Lionsgate, has now been sold worldwide (save Japan) to major distributors, including Studiocanal in the U.K. and Tele München Group in Germany. As previously announced, Open Road Films will handle the U.S. release while Pathe will roll out the film in France.

The well-seasoned animation producer also revealed that “Playmobil” will boast, under Di Salvo’s impulse, a strong musical component and several original songs as did “Frozen” which scored more than $1.2 billion around the world. The film will also be headlined by a high-profile English-speaking voice cast as did “The Little Prince,” ON Animation Studios’s previous feature which grossed $97.5 million at the box office worldwide.

During the presentation, Soumache also addressed the positioning of “Playmobil” compared with “Lego: The Movie.” “The movie ‘Lego’ relied a lot on comedy and wasn’t so much driven by characters, while our film will follow more the Disney tradition of storytelling and is meant to appeal to girls as much as boys,” explained Soumache, who quipped “‘Lego’ grossed almost $500 million worldwide, if we make half of that will be very happy!”

Aside from the movie, ON Animation Studios has also developed a topnotch virtual reality experiment which allows users to jump into scenes from the film and interact with characters and decors. A segment of the VR experiment is on display at Annecy’s market, Mifa"

Karim :wave:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2018, 22:05:35 »
The movies seems to be following the gender split of Playmobil more generally....

Anyway, I'll reserve judgement on the film for now, it'll be interesting to see the 'universe' of Playmobil

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2018, 22:50:27 »
The movies seems to be following the gender split of Playmobil more generally....

Anyway, I'll reserve judgement on the film for now, it'll be interesting to see the 'universe' of Playmobil

It has a female knight in it, what do you mean by gender split?

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2018, 06:16:58 »
Interesting point about there being a section of live action - perhaps Marla becomes animated on entering the PM world, like Dorothy going from monochrome Kansas to multicoloured Oz?

It's also interesting that pre-release, the film is discussed by reference to known works (Finding Nemo, Frozen, Lego movie, Wizard of Oz). Perhaps in the future, it will itself be a new benchmark?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2018, 08:04:49 »
(...)  a strong musical component and several original songs as did “Frozen” (...)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ...

I thought maybe she's the "an extravagant fairy-godmother"?  ::)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2018, 13:56:18 »
I'm actually kind of excited about this!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2018, 14:19:45 »
I think that the female knight has the potential to be an even cooler klicky than was the Joan of Arc
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2018, 14:57:29 »
I think that the female knight has the potential to be an even cooler klicky than was the Joan of Arc

For me, the only good part about Joan was the torso from the planeta one :love:  (still didn't find them in numbers... something tells me those issues will be hard - or impossible - to find, and anyways, I cannot pay 9 eur for a torso in numbers, right? see? sense!  :P )

I think this one's torso looks a bit odd... she looked pregnant on a couple of pics... But she does have a LOT of potential.. IF she is a normal klicky... If she turns out to be a starved deformed one.. well..  :'(

(and that Viking!!!  :o :love: - same applies)

I am looking forward to the movie anyways! Klickys moving always has a high appeal for me.. I am afraind we will only get a horribly murdered version here. A shame. I do hope they sell it, so we can watch it properly.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2018, 19:52:07 »

I mean it has four characters, of which one is female. And I suspect the robot will be 'male' too.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2018, 21:05:03 »
a strong musical component and several original songs

"NOOOOOOOO" x2
I too am not a fan of a great emphasis on music & songs for (such) a movie. Especially if it is primarely an action or adventure story.

what do you mean by gender split?

Today the characters could be transgenders, though that is most probably not what he meant.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!