Author Topic: Hello to Playmofriends!  (Read 5442 times)

Offline 123grams

• Playmo Pal
Hello to Playmofriends!
« on: June 10, 2010, 20:55:43 »
Hi there,

I am a father of two children (one 3 yrs old and the other 4 months old). I have had some interest in toys but never in Playmobil. with my 3 yrs old son's birthday coming up, I started looking at various toys for his birthday present and ended up buying Playmobil toys for him (cargo ship, private jet, semi truck) The little did I know, I also got hooked on Playmobil!  :lol: I have been buying Playmobils from local yard sales and my collection quickly grew with some old Castle (3450) and dollhouse (5300). I have been saying to my wife these are for the children. ;D

I hope to learn cool ways of expanding steck castle with what little I have and also how to set fun story telling scenes I can play with my kids.

:wave:

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
Re: Hello to Playmofriends!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 21:05:05 »
Welcome 123grams,

That´s the same excuse I use with my wife. My doughter is only a couple of months old.  :lol:
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 21:10:14 »
Good to have you with us 123grams!!! There is lot here that you can learn about steck!!! Welcome to playmofriends!!!

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 21:12:05 »
Welcome from the UK :wave:

You have two of the greatest Playmobil sets ever made; the 3450 and the 5300 :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 21:15:09 »
Welcome from North Yorkshire in the UK.   :wave:  I have no children and therefore no excuse for buying Playmobil, but I do (and usually my wife lets me).
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 23:00:07 »
A warm welcome from the Netherlands 123grams. Great to have more Steck lovers here.

I only had a 6 year gap before I started buying again, when the kids came it was just an excuse to buy more. My wife is luckily as invested in PM as I am :-)

Have a great time here!

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 23:01:28 »
Welcome from Scotland
After 8 years I think my husband has finally realised that it isn't really for the children  ;D

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 00:49:11 »
Welcome 123grams,

you'll certainly find a lot of Steck fans here, keep visiting those yard sales, there are bargains to be had when you compare to come prices being extorted asked on eBay.

cheers, Martin

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 01:35:30 »
Greetings 123grams,
Hope you are finding this site as interesting as I am.  I have to agree with Martin that yard sales are the best bet for deals.  Good luck hunting!

Basilsdad
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 04:29:40 »
Welcome from the South Eastern USA, 123grams! You will find many members here that have the same interests!  It's great to have you with us!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!