Author Topic: Fairies  (Read 2132 times)

Offline indianapierre

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Draft in Dance.com
Re: Fairies
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 18:48:41 »
Wonderful work!

...and in regards to your questioning of unwinged fairies, I highly recommend Brian Froud's "Faeries". There is more to the fae than wishes and wings. ;)

Online GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2018, 10:29:35 »
I noticed as I did this that quite a few fairies are 'mash ups' of others, so some of them could be made from bits of others. For example, I discovered at the 11th hour that I had not included this one

But I managed to make her with parts from 5 other fairies (hair, wings, head, torso+ arms, skirt). Her head was from that red Quick fairy you admire Tiermann, not a face print (pink cheeks, eyebrows, 2 eyelashes at the sides) I have seen elsewhere.

Tiersammler from Klickywelt sent me a message* with a couple of suggestions for more fairies. I think this one, the 'Wise Fairy' from the Super4 set 9410 due in May this year should be included. I think the definition of 'fairy' is down to personal choice and cultural influences. So whether they must have wings or whether to include 'elves' (Tolkien's elves don't have wings, Pratchett's do) is a personal decision. I will probably stick to collecting just the winged ones from now on.

*which goes to show that PM fans who are not members of PF do visit and read the posts here!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2018, 14:20:02 »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2018, 02:54:53 »
Absolutely gobsmacking work. Seriously! I just saw my gob and it was truly smacked. Thank you Graham for your incredible services to Playmobilia!  :thanks: :rock: :**: :confetti:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Online GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2018, 10:03:38 »
..... services to Playmobilia!

Nope, just an excuse to buy loads of PM!  8}

(Another excuse was that my wife likes the fairies, so I gave her a collection for Christmas. Then robbed them back to photograph. What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine, till death us do part, or until we have irreconcilable differences about PM ownership... :hmm:)

Thanks for the plaudits.... and emoticons! :wave:
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)