Author Topic: 84486 Stay Puffed  (Read 2512 times)

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
84486 Stay Puffed
« on: November 16, 2017, 14:27:20 »
Before we start this thing is huge and no I will not be putting him together. So without further ado.

Heather if you wish to add this to playmodb the set number is 84486, it comes with instructions (No part numbers other then left arm, right arm, head and how to fasten together).

The narrow side  :lol: (just your standard direct service cardboard packing box, just super sized.

Does this box make me look fat?

The black marking is not actually there, I had to place it on to protect where I got the item from.

If only playmobil did this for all sets, but it is nice to know that this one was looked after prior to being shipped.

The contents, Body with stand (one molded piece), 1  traditional sailor's collar (it is a separate piece of plastic), 2 arms and a head. For 24.99CAD you can get set 9221, which is the scaled down version though the sailors collar is molded to the body.

The head is about the size of my upper body and I am a tall individual (5'11"/ 180.34 cm)

Overall opinion:
 This set is more in scale to the movie if you take into consideration the adult klicky standard height. It has movable arms and a rotating head. Though playability for a small child may be rather difficult as this weights 29kg.

Oh and I got these fun things as well. A partnership between Funko and Playmobil. These are the only two ghostbusters they made however to date.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 15:24:27 by The_Mad_Hadder »
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
Re: 84486 Stay Puffed
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 15:20:29 »
That is enormous!   Wow!
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 15:51:14 »
:o

Make a dio with him! :)

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 15:55:13 »
:o

Make a dio with him! :)

I am getting another one that is out of the packing that I will do such a thing with, but this one is staying in his wrapping.
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 15:57:10 »
I am getting another one that is out of the packing that I will do such a thing with, but this one is staying in his wrapping.

Oh, ok...

Looking forward to it - though the movies were not memorable to me, it should be epic! ;)

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 16:03:37 »
I also need to pick up all the sets, I only have one of each and they are MISB. Waiting for used ones to show up on kijiji. But Tahra I will make sure to do this for you.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 16:16:41 by The_Mad_Hadder »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 19:01:20 »
That's amazingly huge. Really would look good in a diorama. I wish they had done an XXL size one, that woudl have been at least better than the little one.
Congratulations on getting hold of one!

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 19:11:01 »
An adult klicky does not even come up past the foot on this thing.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 19:34:40 »
29kg! I would stay puffed for a long time if I had to carry one of those very far!

I agree, this scale is more in keeping with the size of the Marshmallow Man in the original film (you ought to watch it again Tahra, its a classic! Shall I send you a copy?). But you would need a LOT of PM to build a diorama with him in it!

Are you going to give us a clue where you got it from? You must have some very good contacts with PM (Canada) I am thinking. Not that I want one, or any one of those giant shop display figures, but I am intrigued as to how you got it. I have asked bluntly in shops if they will sell me their PM displays when they are finished with, but without success. "A man comes to set them up and the next time he comes, he takes the old one away with him". So what HAPPENS to them?

At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 22:10:21 »
I agree, this scale is more in keeping with the size of the Marshmallow Man in the original film (you ought to watch it again Tahra, its a classic! Shall I send you a copy?). But you would need a LOT of PM to build a diorama with him in it!

Maybe I should - but I wasn't impressed the first time, and I bet it is worse now... I am not a fan of the movies, so it is not a dio I would make... I do love the klickys though - duh, brown :love:

Are you going to give us a clue where you got it from? You must have some very good contacts with PM (Canada) I am thinking.

I think everyone is curious..

Not that I want one, or any one of those giant shop display figures,

Wouldn't want that one either... What I REALLY wanted now was a new head for the captain  :-[

So what HAPPENS to them?

Recycle? Trash? Gods forbid someone might PAY playmobil for them. The HORROR.  ???