Author Topic: Ferrovie dello Balconia (part 2)  (Read 30258 times)

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
Re: Ferrovie dello Balconia (part 2)
« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2018, 12:53:22 »
Some green carpet laid out on the balcony and just some nice pictures shot from my craft activities last winter.

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2018, 12:56:42 »
The recently built bridge will be crossed by a local freight train with Easter eggs. The sheriff keeps an eye on things and Puffing Billy watches amusedly "Another idiot building a bridge in the desert". Although he has to admit that the grass here is greener than in Australia.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2018, 15:21:20 »
Thank you for those great photos, Marco.  Obviously a winter well spent.   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2018, 18:19:39 »
Looks great!

Love the tunnel! :)

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2018, 13:23:29 »

Joop and his buddy spent the whole day measuring the future location of the Ferrovie dello Balconia.

Meanwhile, Puffing Billy explores the terrain with his dromedary.

At the end of the day, the men discuss the results of the day at a picnic table.

The first results are promising, because two fences were placed incorrectly in the past. This provides extra space on both sides of the piece of land. The narrowest part of the piece of land is still two metres wide, spacious enough for the radius 1 curves of LGB. Puffing Billy is less enthusiastic about the terrain itself, it is very uneven and extra sand has been ordered to level the ground. But, all in all, we may even fall short of rails. We are now waiting for better weather, so that the ordered sand can be ridden in. So we will have to be patient for a while.

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2018, 10:31:57 »
Editor's message

I have now noticed that my stories about the adventures of the Ferrovie dello Balconia with its staff and passengers are greatly appreciated. Despite the fact that I work very irregularly, and often also work at night, I put a lot of energy into this. The stories appear on 3 forums on the internet in three languages, namely Dutch, German and English. The images are hosted on www.postimage.org. Although I check the option "No expiration", unfortunately images disappear from the story from time to time. Some forums offer the solution to host the images on their own site, but that takes a lot of work for me. That means that for each forum I have to rehost the images and change the BBCode tags in my story every time. Moreover, not every forum has this solution, and deeplinking is not always allowed. Usually if you wait a while, the images will reappear because the provider (such as www.postimage.org) has problems, as long as I am lucky that they don't decide to pay for it. And then it becomes unaffordable for me as well. Moreover, not every forum allows me to change the post afterwards. If you like the stories, I recommend that you print the topic for every full page and convert it into a PDF file. I ask for your understanding.

Greetings, Macro (managing director Ferrovie dello Balconia).

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2018, 13:46:17 »
I understand perfectly, Mr Editor, and thank you for your helpful advice.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2018, 12:18:50 »
One day, a train arrives at the Ferrovie dello Balconia with a load and a crane. Henk watches in amazement: "Ben, what do you have with you? "Well," replied Ben, "do you remember that we had timber left over during the construction of the bridgeheads? "And what do you mean by that," Henk asks Ben. "I sent it to a joiner, who made it into garden furniture.
After Harry and Henriëtta Schrotter and their staff have helped with the unloading, the garden furniture is tried during the break. Everyone is satisfied, we will have a lot of fun during the summer.

Harry and Henriëtta Schrotter and their staff assist Ben in unloading the garden furniture.

After work is done it is nice to sit on the new sofas and chairs.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2018, 13:42:14 »
Clearly nothing goes to waste on your railway and we have another charming addition to the story.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2018, 14:59:22 »
Love it! Thanks for sharing.