Author Topic: Making the spoof of the Hateful 8  (Read 1869 times)

Offline AgeOwns

• Playmo Fanatic
  • @MillionairePb
    • MillionairePlayboy.com
Making the spoof of the Hateful 8
« on: March 21, 2016, 15:23:40 »
I just posted a quick video and gallery over in the Photography forum.

Anyway, here's a bit about making these customs. To begin with, I have a Target Tub full of Old West playmobil, so I pulled out all the cowboys I could find and started mixing and matching.

The one I was really worried about was John Ruth, The Hangman. You either get his look or you don't.

The fantastic mustache came from the Union General which I purchased from the site to use for the Sam Jackson character.
I couldn't find hair I liked. This is blonde lady hair that I ended up painting with acrylic. The paint would not match the mustache, so I ended up painting that too, even though they were close. I had just picked up a special acrylic that is built for plastics. You can see this on Oswaldo's beard. The glossiness seems to match the playmobil look and feel much better, but it was too dark, so I mixed it with regular white acrylic, and I lost the sheen. The fur coat is the buffalo "cape" from the native american medicine man.

Daisy was made with a female from the old Victorian Dollhouse (mid-90s), the Arctic Explorer hat, and a purple sharpie.

I think The Hangman came out the best, but I'm also happy with my Samuel Jackson as Major Warren. I used the aforementioned Union General, did a head swap, and added a black cape/cloak. I painted the inside yellow, and then his hands white to match his gloves.

Here you can see the special gray paint I used. This was from Michael's Craft Store. It worked great on the playmobil plastic, and preserves some of that sheen I lost when I mixed it with traditional acrylic white. But as you can see, it's a bit darker than I wanted.  I used the Hunting Cabin from the website (also appeared in my VVitch parody) it comes in real handy!

Joe Gage, the Cow Puncher is just the Western Sheriff  I put those side burns in a special place to use later, and swapped the hat.

I had just bought the stage coach from the website, and I'm glad I didn't really have to paint it. I typically avoid painting if I can, as I like having my original parts, as they came, and I don't want my brush strokes and otherwise sloppiness to stand out.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Re: Making the spoof of the Hateful 8
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 18:43:25 »
Sweet!
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 18:53:54 »
Who are they?   ???
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 18:55:16 »
Characters from the latest Tarantino movie. Not a fan myself, but I love PM customs!
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 19:07:35 »
Characters from the latest Tarantino movie. Not a fan myself, but I love PM customs!

Thank you.   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”