Author Topic: 3D printed parts  (Read 822 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
3D printed parts
« on: April 12, 2018, 01:22:12 »
A member of another site I'm on posted this link:

http://www.yeggi.com/q/playmobil/

Interesting.

(The serach function seems a bit basic and all-encompassing.)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: 3D printed parts
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 09:15:12 »
Very interesting!
The search results evidently come from a variety of authors. Quite a few repeats, some without pictures. But the rest seem to fall into two groups; novel parts and re-creations of existing parts. A few of the existing parts are things I have searched for (yellow fences for modern house, seat for front of covered wagon, pirate ship mast rings) and perhaps the creators of the 3D prints were frustrated in their attempts to locate the parts elsewhere. Some parts beg the question 'why?', such as red System X connectors and traffic cones: surely these are cheaper from DS?

I wish someone would set up a scan-and-print service (perhaps they already have?); you send them a part and they send you one or more exact copies, plus the original one returned. That is a service I might pay for!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 09:21:14 by GrahamB »
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 12:43:25 »
Interesting. I’ve been toying around with the idea to see if I can find someone to print me some enclosed helmets...
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 10:37:46 »
Quite fascinating as a technic I only read about until now  :)
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.